zebra - item-level_itypes errors

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

zebra - item-level_itypes errors

Tom Hanstra-2
I'm installing Koha 16.11 and picked up the 06 release.

Installation went fine, however when indexing with Zebra, I'm getting a
number of records which give the error:

item-level_itypes set but no itemtype set for item (item#) at
/usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Schema/Result/Item.pm line 698

I saw a thread suggesting that these types of records might have the onloan
value not set to NULL, but I checked and all of my records have onloan
either set to NULL or to a valid date value.

I also saw that some of these problems might have been fixed by bug 17502.
It is not clear to me if that bug fix was included in the 16.11.06 tar
package.

Do I have database problems with these records? If so, what should I be
looking for?

Or is there something else that can cause this problem?

Or is the patch missing from this download?

Thanks in advance for any pointers I can get.

Tom

--
*Tom Hanstra*
*Sr. Systems Administrator*
[hidden email]

<http://library.nd.edu/>
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: zebra - item-level_itypes errors

Pedro Amorim
Hey Tom,

This is caused by the system preference item-level-itypes being set to
"specific item".
In our case, it happened because upon importing data, this information was
set at the record level, not the item level, so we changed it back to
"record level".
AFAIK this is harmless database-wise, however, it can cause problems in
circulation when checking the type of the item being checked out or in
searching records by type.

Here are my findings while messing with ElasticSearch not a long time ago
(it's somewhat related to this):
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18163

What I advise to do is to keep the syspref according to your data, if you
have the information at the record level, set it back.

Good luck,

Pedro Amorim







2017-04-19 16:13 GMT+00:00 Tom Hanstra <[hidden email]>:

> I'm installing Koha 16.11 and picked up the 06 release.
>
> Installation went fine, however when indexing with Zebra, I'm getting a
> number of records which give the error:
>
> item-level_itypes set but no itemtype set for item (item#) at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Schema/Result/Item.pm line 698
>
> I saw a thread suggesting that these types of records might have the onloan
> value not set to NULL, but I checked and all of my records have onloan
> either set to NULL or to a valid date value.
>
> I also saw that some of these problems might have been fixed by bug 17502.
> It is not clear to me if that bug fix was included in the 16.11.06 tar
> package.
>
> Do I have database problems with these records? If so, what should I be
> looking for?
>
> Or is there something else that can cause this problem?
>
> Or is the patch missing from this download?
>
> Thanks in advance for any pointers I can get.
>
> Tom
>
> --
> *Tom Hanstra*
> *Sr. Systems Administrator*
> [hidden email]
>
> <http://library.nd.edu/>
> _______________________________________________
> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
>
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: zebra - item-level_itypes errors

Mark Alexander
In reply to this post by Tom Hanstra-2
Excerpts from Tom Hanstra's message of 2017-04-19 12:13:30 -0400:
> item-level_itypes set but no itemtype set for item (item#) at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Schema/Result/Item.pm line 698

Our installation has item-level_itypes enabled, but all of our item
records (imported from another ILS) have the itype set to a non-NULL
value.  When I manually set the itype of an item to NULL, I see the
above warning in /var/log/koha/INSTANCE/indexer-output.log.
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: zebra - item-level_itypes errors

Tom Hanstra-2
In reply to this post by Pedro Amorim
Since I'm not a cataloger at all, can you (or others) give me a bit of
information about what I might gain or lose by changing the system
preference:

item_level_itypes

from "specific item"
to "biblio record"

in the global settings?

That does seem to address the indexing errors.  But what might I be losing
in the process?

Thanks,
Tom

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Pedro Amorim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Tom,
>
> This is caused by the system preference item-level-itypes being set to
> "specific item".
> In our case, it happened because upon importing data, this information was
> set at the record level, not the item level, so we changed it back to
> "record level".
> AFAIK this is harmless database-wise, however, it can cause problems in
> circulation when checking the type of the item being checked out or in
> searching records by type.
>
> Here are my findings while messing with ElasticSearch not a long time ago
> (it's somewhat related to this):
> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18163
>
> What I advise to do is to keep the syspref according to your data, if you
> have the information at the record level, set it back.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Pedro Amorim
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 2017-04-19 16:13 GMT+00:00 Tom Hanstra <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I'm installing Koha 16.11 and picked up the 06 release.
>>
>> Installation went fine, however when indexing with Zebra, I'm getting a
>> number of records which give the error:
>>
>> item-level_itypes set but no itemtype set for item (item#) at
>> /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Schema/Result/Item.pm line 698
>>
>> I saw a thread suggesting that these types of records might have the
>> onloan
>> value not set to NULL, but I checked and all of my records have onloan
>> either set to NULL or to a valid date value.
>>
>> I also saw that some of these problems might have been fixed by bug 17502.
>> It is not clear to me if that bug fix was included in the 16.11.06 tar
>> package.
>>
>> Do I have database problems with these records? If so, what should I be
>> looking for?
>>
>> Or is there something else that can cause this problem?
>>
>> Or is the patch missing from this download?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any pointers I can get.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> --
>> *Tom Hanstra*
>> *Sr. Systems Administrator*
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> <http://library.nd.edu/>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
>>
>
>


--
*Tom Hanstra*
*Sr. Systems Administrator*
[hidden email]

<http://library.nd.edu/>
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: zebra - item-level_itypes errors

Pedro Amorim
Hello Tom,

Well that sys pref will basically set the way the application retrieves the
type of an item, whenever it needs that information (like circulation
rules, filtering search results by type, etc).
I don't think it's irreversal and you can switch it back and forth without
any database permanent 'damage'.

If you go to Koha Marc Mappings, you'll see there's an *itype* mapping
pointing to a MARC field in *items*, and an *itemtype* mapping pointing to
another MARC field in *biblioitems*. It's a bit confusing at start,
especially if you're an outside, but basically Koha will look in the first
mapping if the sys pref is set to "specific item" and in the second if
"biblio record".

What you should make sure is to check your data and verify what MARC field
the information (item type) is actually in, see if it's mapped correctly
(it's no use having the information in a MARC field if it isn't actually
mapped), and set the sys pref accordingly.

GL,

Pedro Amorim




2017-04-19 19:50 GMT+00:00 Tom Hanstra <[hidden email]>:

> Since I'm not a cataloger at all, can you (or others) give me a bit of
> information about what I might gain or lose by changing the system
> preference:
>
> item_level_itypes
>
> from "specific item"
> to "biblio record"
>
> in the global settings?
>
> That does seem to address the indexing errors.  But what might I be losing
> in the process?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
>
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Pedro Amorim <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey Tom,
>>
>> This is caused by the system preference item-level-itypes being set to
>> "specific item".
>> In our case, it happened because upon importing data, this information
>> was set at the record level, not the item level, so we changed it back to
>> "record level".
>> AFAIK this is harmless database-wise, however, it can cause problems in
>> circulation when checking the type of the item being checked out or in
>> searching records by type.
>>
>> Here are my findings while messing with ElasticSearch not a long time ago
>> (it's somewhat related to this):
>> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18163
>>
>> What I advise to do is to keep the syspref according to your data, if you
>> have the information at the record level, set it back.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Pedro Amorim
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> 2017-04-19 16:13 GMT+00:00 Tom Hanstra <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> I'm installing Koha 16.11 and picked up the 06 release.
>>>
>>> Installation went fine, however when indexing with Zebra, I'm getting a
>>> number of records which give the error:
>>>
>>> item-level_itypes set but no itemtype set for item (item#) at
>>> /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Schema/Result/Item.pm line 698
>>>
>>> I saw a thread suggesting that these types of records might have the
>>> onloan
>>> value not set to NULL, but I checked and all of my records have onloan
>>> either set to NULL or to a valid date value.
>>>
>>> I also saw that some of these problems might have been fixed by bug
>>> 17502.
>>> It is not clear to me if that bug fix was included in the 16.11.06 tar
>>> package.
>>>
>>> Do I have database problems with these records? If so, what should I be
>>> looking for?
>>>
>>> Or is there something else that can cause this problem?
>>>
>>> Or is the patch missing from this download?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any pointers I can get.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Tom Hanstra*
>>> *Sr. Systems Administrator*
>>> [hidden email]
>>>
>>> <http://library.nd.edu/>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> *Tom Hanstra*
> *Sr. Systems Administrator*
> [hidden email]
>
> <http://library.nd.edu/>
>
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Loading...