zebra daemons not starting at boot

Marty-33
Maybe not really a question for this group but I figured people must have done this.
I am running koha 3 on debian lenny, and everything works as far as I can tell.
However, somehow I am missing something because I cannot get the zebra daemons to start at boot.
I have to start them manually; /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-zebra-ctl.sh start and /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-zebraqueue-ctl.sh start
Can somebody maybe tell me what they have in their /init.d/koha-zebra-daemon and /init.d/koha-zebraqueue-daemon files?

Any help is appreciated!

Marty

Re: zebra daemons not starting at boot

Mason James-5

On 2009/09/29, at 3:33 PM, Marty wrote:

> Maybe not really a question for this group but I figured people
> must have done this.
> I am running koha 3 on debian lenny, and everything works as far as
> I can tell.
> However, somehow I am missing something because I cannot get the
> zebra daemons to start at boot.
> I have to start them manually; /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-zebra-
> ctl.sh start and /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-zebraqueue-ctl.sh start
> Can somebody maybe tell me what they have in their /init.d/koha-
> zebra-daemon and /init.d/koha-zebraqueue-daemon files?
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> Marty

this url should tell you what you need ;)

http://www.debian-administration.org/article/
Making_scripts_run_at_boot_time_with_Debian

Re: zebra daemons not starting at boot

Beda Szukics-2
Marty schrieb:

> Maybe not really a question for this group but I figured people must have done this.
> I am running koha 3 on debian lenny, and everything works as far as I can tell.
> However, somehow I am missing something because I cannot get the zebra daemons to start at boot.
> I have to start them manually; /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-zebra-ctl.sh start and /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-zebraqueue-ctl.sh start
> Can somebody maybe tell me what they have in their /init.d/koha-zebra-daemon and /init.d/koha-zebraqueue-daemon files?

/init./koha-zebra-daemon should be a link to /usr/.../kobra-zebra-ctl.sh

So if you are able to start the daemon with the orgininal script it shoud
start at bootup too. (I hope you have done: "sudo update-rc.d zebra-server
defaults" as the last of your steps installing koha).

I had an other problem with zebra: I had to change the location of the
zebrasrv command in the script (it was /zbrasrv instead of
/usr/bin/zebrasrv). I used version 3.0.2.

greetings           Beda

--
Beda Szukics         www.muri-gries.ch
Benediktinerkollegium, Bruenigstr. 177