z39.50 Servers for NZ Schools

Braedon Vickers
Hello All,

Does anyone have any suggestions of good z39.50 servers for use in New
Zealand schools, particularly primary schools?

Thanks,
     Braedon Vickers

--
TechnologyWise Ltd, Tauranga, NZ
[hidden email]

Re: z39.50 Servers for NZ Schools

Joann Ransom-2
Hi Braedon,

We use Te Puna (National Library) and Library of Congress and have a
good hit rate between them. isbn searches fail quite often though so
rerun failed queries with author / title.

Cheers Jo.

Braedon Vickers wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions of good z39.50 servers for use in New
> Zealand schools, particularly primary schools?
>
> Thanks,
>      Braedon Vickers

jransom.vcf (309 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: z39.50 Servers for NZ Schools

Mason James-5

On 2010-02-11, at 9:15 AM, Joann Ransom wrote:

> Hi Braedon,
>
> We use Te Puna (National Library) and Library of Congress and have a good hit rate between them. isbn searches fail quite often though so rerun failed queries with author / title.
>
> Cheers Jo.
>
> Braedon Vickers wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions of good z39.50 servers for use in New Zealand schools, particularly primary schools?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>     Braedon Vickers

Hi Braedon,

You might also want to contant 'Curriculum Corporation' in Oz
http://www2.curriculum.edu.au/scis/home.html

Last year, they were trialling Z39 access to their collection, which may now be publicly available.

A bunch of NZ schools use their services, and they are nice folk

Mason.