software error

BrianEmerson
Hi All,

I'm new to Koha and not very skilled at Ubuntu yet. I'm trying to help out my small town local library by installing the system. I've run through the install and I believe things went well, I've tracked down a few errors and checked that they were corrected, but when I try to access the pages I get the following error:

Software error:

Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 758.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 31.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 31.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/opac-main.pl line 22.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/opac-main.pl line 22.

I realize it's probably something simple and I appreciate the help!

Re: software error

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel-2
Brian,

that error could indicate:
1) You have not created the database.
2) You created the database, but not the user.
3) You created the user, but with a different password.

Please check that the database has access rights for the user declared at
the bottom of /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
(you could use the commandline tool: $ mysql -uuser -ppass -hhost
databasename)

Regards
Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
[hidden email]