searching troubles ...

Ernie Penner

I have the following Cron Jobs scheduled:

/koha-3.2.5/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl –b –w (scheduled every 2-3 minutes)

/koha-3.2.5/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl –b –r –a (scheduled every 15 minutes)

With these cron jobs running the library staff is not able to search any of their entries.

I find koha-conf.xml in the following 2 locations:

/koha-3.2.5/etc/koha-conf.xml

/etc/koha/koha-conf.xml

I also find rebuild_zebra.pl in 2 locations:

/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl

/koha-3.2.5/misc/migratin_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl

To which ones do I need to export the following:

export PERL5LIB=/path/to/your/koha/

export KOHA_CONF=/path/to/your/koha-conf.xml

I have read that having two of each of these files could be my problem.  Which needs to be deleted?  How do I know to which one the databased is using?  If I delete the wrong one what kind of problems would I be facing?

Bottom line I want to restore the library’s search capabilities.

Cheers,

Ernie

Re: searching troubles ...

Henri-Damien LAURENT
Le 20/07/2011 22:24, Ernie Penner a écrit :

> I have the following Cron Jobs scheduled:
>
> /koha-3.2.5/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl –b –w (scheduled every
> 2-3 minutes)
>
> /koha-3.2.5/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl –b –r –a (scheduled
> every 15 minutes)
>

> With these cron jobs running the library staff is not able to search any
> of their entries.
>

> I find koha-conf.xml in the following 2 locations:
>
> /koha-3.2.5/etc/koha-conf.xml
>
> /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
>

> I also find rebuild_zebra.pl in 2 locations:
>
> /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl
>
> /koha-3.2.5/misc/migratin_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl
>

> To which ones do I need to export the following:
>
> export PERL5LIB=/path/to/your/koha/
>
> export KOHA_CONF=/path/to/your/koha-conf.xml
>

> I have read that having two of each of these files could be my problem.
> Which needs to be deleted?  How do I know to which one the databased is
> using?  If I delete the wrong one what kind of problems would I be facing?
>

> Bottom line I want to restore the library’s search capabilities.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Ernie

There is no special problem to run two instances of Koha on the same
machine.
Provided you are quite carefull.
Create shell script to source the correct environment variables.
#!/bin/bash
export KOHA_CONF=/home/koha/sites/koha/etc/koha-conf.xml
export PERL5LIB=/home/koha/src

Then create a script which will alternatively launch those scripts and
then launch rebuild_zebra for authorities and biblios.

#!/bin/bash
test1=`ps -ef|grep -c "perl
/home/koha/src/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl"`;
if [ $test1 -lt 2 ]
then
        source path/to/export.sh && perl
/home/koha/src/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -z -a > /dev/null
        source path/to/export.sh && perl
/home/koha/src/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -z -b -x
-nosanitize > /dev/null
        source path/to/export1.sh && perl
/home/koha/src/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -z -a > /dev/null
        source path/to/export1.sh && perl
/home/koha/src/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -z -b -x
-nosanitize > /dev/null
fi

and you should be set.
One could also try and check the PATH variable in cron to check the
availability of zebraidx, since it may be source of un noticed absence
of indexation.
Hope that helps.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT
BibLibre

Re: searching troubles ...

mason@kohaaloha
Administrator

On 2011-07-21, at 8:24 AM, Ernie Penner wrote:

> /koha-3.2.5/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl –b –r –a (scheduled every 15 minutes)

fyi: dont use -r here... use -z instead

> With these cron jobs running the library staff is not able to search any of their entries.
>
> I find koha-conf.xml in the following 2 locations:
> /koha-3.2.5/etc/koha-conf.xml
> /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
>
> I also find rebuild_zebra.pl in 2 locations:
> /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl
> /koha-3.2.5/misc/migratin_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl
>
> To which ones do I need to export the following:
> export PERL5LIB=/path/to/your/koha/
> export KOHA_CONF=/path/to/your/koha-conf.xml

probably to the path defined in your koha's apache config file

cheers, Mason
--
KohaAloha, NZ

PGP.sig (547 bytes) Download Attachment