re-arrange facet order in Koha 20.11

Thomas Vealehse
Hi

I'd like to re-arrange the facet order on the results page in the left hand
side bar.

For example 'Author' would be pushed down the list, and 'item type' moved
up.

Also is it possible to rename the facets?

Thanks

Thomas

Re: re-arrange facet order in Koha 20.11

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Thomas,

as far as I know changing the sequence of facets is not possible at the
moment.

For Elasticsearch you can choose which to display on the configuration
page and I noticed that you can reorder the facets with drag and drop. I
was not able to test this, but you might want to give it a try.

For Zebra there are no configuration options like this, but it's quite
easy to hide some with CSS.

Renaming is not possible via configuration for either, but this is a
common task for some jQuery in OpacUserJs. I think you will find some
examples for "renaming" things in the jQuery library:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/JQuery_Library

Hope this helps,

Katrin