only logged users open digital documents

only logged users open digital documents

izar
In my OPAC some of the records have digital files asociated.

 But I need that only logged users can access that files...

Is there any easy way to anly grant access to these files to registered users in OPAC?

 Can you help me please?

Re: only logged users open digital documents

Owen Leonard-4
> Is there any easy way to anly grant access to these files to registered
> users in OPAC?

You asked this before, in another email to the list, and received a
couple of responses. The short answer is no, Koha doesn't do this.

In the future if you're unsatisfied with the response you get please
respond to the original thread and provide more information, ask
clarifying questions, or something else to further the conversation.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries

Re: only logged users open digital documents

Viktor.Sarge
I guess a quick and dirty way of doing this _could_ be to check if the user is logged in and modify the CSS of the links to hide them if they are not logged in. You could look for ”Log in to you account:” inside the tag <legend> (CSSR theme 3.12) and any other value would mean that they are logged in and you can leave the links visible. If <legend> contains ”Log in to you account” then you toggle the visibility to display:none. It’s not a very clean solution as the links will still be there just not visible unless you log in. I guess you could ask someone comfortable with jQuery if to could code this for you. Coding is usually more work then you hope but I see this suggestion as a quick and dirty hack. Getting to the link (and only the link) might be the biggest issue but I guess you could do something like ”hide all links starting with http://ourprotectedstuff.com/”.

(Sorry to split the thread further but I don’t have the emails of the original thread saved)

Kind regards/Viktor Sarge

Viktor Sarge
Senior Regional Library Development Officer
Kultur i Halland - regionbibliotek

EMAIL: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
WEB: www.regionhalland.se/regionbibliotek<http://www.regionhalland.se/regionbibliotek>

23 jan 2014 kl. 20:23 skrev Owen Leonard <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>:

Is there any easy way to anly grant access to these files to registered
users in OPAC?

You asked this before, in another email to the list, and received a
couple of responses. The short answer is no, Koha doesn't do this.

In the future if you're unsatisfied with the response you get please
respond to the original thread and provide more information, ask
clarifying questions, or something else to further the conversation.

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries
http://www.myacpl.org

Re: only logged users open digital documents

Hugo Agud Andreu
hi

we have done one easy way... but ir requires that the files are located in
one server, not external files.. is the cas?

2014/1/22 izar <[hidden email]>

> In my OPAC some of the records have digital files asociated.
>
>  But I need that only logged users can access that files...
>
> Is there any easy way to anly grant access to these files to registered
> users in OPAC?
>
>  Can you help me please?

*Hugo Agud - Orex Digital *

*www.orex.es <http://www.orex.es>*

  Director

Passatge de la Llançadera, 3 · 08338 Premià de Dalt - Tel: 93 539 40 70
[hidden email] · http://www.orex.es/

No imprima este mensaje a no ser que sea necesario. Una tonelada de papel
implica la tala de 15 árboles y el consumo de 250.000 litros de agua.

Aviso de confidencialidad
Este mensaje contiene información que puede ser CONFIDENCIAL y/o de USO
RESTRINGIDO. Si usted no es el receptor deseado del mensaje (ni
está autorizado a recibirlo por el remitente), no está autorizado a copiar,
reenviar o divulgar el mensaje o su contenido. Si ha recibido este mensaje
por error, por favor, notifíquenoslo inmediatamente y bórrelo de su sistema.