Quantcast

(no subject)

Christine Forte
hello:

i'm looking for information about pre-printed barcodes for koha on
windows.  i found an old listserv posting (from 2002?)  saying that koha
recognizes a 9 character barcode, but that later editions of koha might
recognize others.  wherere we on this now?

i'd be interested in hearing from anyone in the u.s. who has ordered
pre-printed barcodes for use w/ koha.

thanks,
chrisitine

Christine Forte
Psychology Library Director
Antioch University Santa Barbara
801 Garden Street
Santa Barbara, CA  93101
Phone:  805-966-5615
e-mail:  [hidden email]

Re: (no subject) barcodes

Stephen Hedges
Nelsonville Library uses a lot of pre-printed barcodes, and so long as the
scanner and your workstation are configured correctly, they work just
fine.  Koha does not deal with barcode-reading -- that's done by your
workstation and passed to Koha (or any other application) as if someone
had typed it in on the keyboard.

Nelsonville happens to use Codabar for books and Interleaved 2-of-5 for
borrowers.  The scanners are programmed to read those two symbologies and
pass the numbers to the workstation/browser.  The only thing Koha gets
from the browser are the numbers.

Stephen

Christine Forte said:

> hello:
>
> i'm looking for information about pre-printed barcodes for koha on
> windows.  i found an old listserv posting (from 2002?)  saying that koha
> recognizes a 9 character barcode, but that later editions of koha might
> recognize others.  wherere we on this now?
>
> i'd be interested in hearing from anyone in the u.s. who has ordered
> pre-printed barcodes for use w/ koha.
>
> thanks,
> chrisitine
>
> Christine Forte