newbie would appreciate help!

Johan Seyfferdt
Hello.

Thank you for adding me to this mailing list.

I have a question.

I am a sysadmin in St Petersburg, Russia and we are in the process of moving to Koha.  So I am a newbie :)

I chosed the unimarc option as our database is in rusmarc.  We have our database in .mrc format,  it is about 27 000 books in cyrilic, english and german.

I was able to setup koha import that database but the search function does not work.

I did a lot of googling, i tried kooha 16.05, 16.11, 17.05 on Debain 8 and 9 but without avail...

Any help will be truly appreciated! as i am truly stuck.

Johan Seyfferdt

Re: newbie would appreciate help!

Michael Hafen-4
There are a couple things I would recommend.
First is to make sure the field of the record you are searching for made it into the database.  If you aren't familiar with database you may need some help from someone who is.  I believe the database schema is still in isntaller/data/mysql/kohastructure.sql.  You are probably looking for biblio.title or biblio.seriestitle or biblioitems.isbn or items.barcode.
The second thing is to make sure the search engines database got populated too.  You are probably using the idzebra search engine.  So make sure /usr/bin/zebrasrv is running, make sure you have run the bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl script right, and make sure the value you are searching for is in the idzebra database.  The way I would do that is with the yaz-client.  I have a simple yaz script for that purpose that looks like this:

set_cclfile /usr/local/koha3.2/etc/zebradb/ccl.properties
set_cqlfile /usr/local/koha3.2/etc/zebradb/cql.properties
authentication kohauser:zebrastripes
open unix:/usr/local/koha3.2/var/run/zebradb/bibliosocket
base biblios
format xml
elements marcxml
querytype ccl2rpn
find kw,wrdl="Maze Runner" and branch=703 and mc-itype,phr=F
show 2
delete
close
exit

Of course you will have to change the properties and socket paths to match your install.  Then run this with `yaz-client -f /tmp/yaz-zebra-test.txt`.
Sometimes I've had to put the auth and property files commands on the command line to get that to work, which looks like `yaz-client -u kohauser:zebrastripes -c /usr/local/koha3.2/etc/zebradb/ccl.properties -q /usr/local/koha3.2/etc/zebradb/cql.properties -f /tmp/yaz-zebra-test.txt unix:/usr/local/koha3.2/var/run/zebradb/bibliosocket`, again changing the paths to match your install.

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 1:18 AM, Johan Seyfferdt <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello.

Thank you for adding me to this mailing list.

I have a question.

I am a sysadmin in St Petersburg, Russia and we are in the process of moving to Koha.  So I am a newbie :)

I chosed the unimarc option as our database is in rusmarc.  We have our database in .mrc format,  it is about 27 000 books in cyrilic, english and german.

I was able to setup koha import that database but the search function does not work.

I did a lot of googling, i tried kooha 16.05, 16.11, 17.05 on Debain 8 and 9 but without avail...

Any help will be truly appreciated! as i am truly stuck.

Johan Seyfferdt

Michael Hafen
Washington County School District Technology Department
Systems Analyst

Re: newbie would appreciate help!

David Cook

Hi Johan,

Which instructions did you use for installing Koha? That will likely determine how best we can help you : ).

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St

Ultimo, NSW 2007

Australia

Office: 02 9212 0899

Re: newbie would appreciate help!

paul POULAIN-3
Hi Johan,

The most common case when search does not work is because there's some
mix between UNIMARC and MARC21 (for example, zebra configured MARC21 and
Koha UNIMARC). But there can be other reasons.

So we need details on how you installed Koha.

--
Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques