maps on koha-community.org

Reed Wade
I had a play around with the geo mashup plugin for wordpress. It's
nicely done and seems to work pretty well--

http://reedwade.net/wordpress/

You tag any posting with a location then you can see a map full of pins.

-reed

Re: maps on koha-community.org

MJ Ray-2
Reed Wade wrote:
> I had a play around with the geo mashup plugin for wordpress. It's
> nicely done and seems to work pretty well--
>
> http://reedwade.net/wordpress/
>
> You tag any posting with a location then you can see a map full of pins.

Great stuff.  Only downers are that seems to be a Google map that
requires javascript.  Any way of using OpenStreetMap and preferably
some static snapshot to let non-javascript browsers see something?

MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software
www.software.coop http://mjr.towers.org.uk        |  .... co
IMO only: see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html |  .... op

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 8:47 AM, MJ Ray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Reed Wade wrote:
>> I had a play around with the geo mashup plugin for wordpress. It's
>> nicely done and seems to work pretty well--
>>
>> http://reedwade.net/wordpress/
>>
>> You tag any posting with a location then you can see a map full of pins.
>
> Great stuff.  Only downers are that seems to be a Google map that
> requires javascript.  Any way of using OpenStreetMap and preferably
> some static snapshot to let non-javascript browsers see something?

That would be nice but take more effort than might be available.

-reed

Re: maps on koha-community.org

MJ Ray-2
Reed Wade <[hidden email]>
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 8:47 AM, MJ Ray <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Reed Wade wrote:
> >> http://reedwade.net/wordpress/
> >
> > Great stuff.  Only downers are that seems to be a Google map that
> > requires javascript.  Any way of using OpenStreetMap and preferably
> > some static snapshot to let non-javascript browsers see something?
>
> That would be nice but take more effort than might be available.

Pretty sure I saw an OSM layer for Google maps recently, so that should
be a quick fix.  It might have been
http://www.hackvalue.nl/en/article/61/using_openstreetmaps_with_the_google_maps_api

Snapshotting I'm not so sure.

Hope that helps,