The IncludeSeeFromInSearches system preference is designed so that 'See from' headings from the authorities are included when you search in the catalog.
That means that you could find an author not only by the name printed on the book, but for example also by their pseudonym or a different spelling of their name.
It was added by bug 7417.
This regression has been introduced by
Bug 18098: Add an index with the count of not onloan items
- Activate IncludeSeeFromInSearches
- Catalog an authority for a person
- main heading in 100
- see from headings in 400
- Catalog a bibliographic record and link it to the authority
- Make sure the record is indexed
- Verify that the record can be found searching for the main heading
- Verify that the record can be found searching for the see from headings
Signed-off-by: Katrin Fischer <[hidden email]>
Signed-off-by: Tomas Cohen Arazi <[hidden email]>
Yet another reason to get rid of all this functions from this script.