koha - items

schwitzd
Hello

I'm testing the new liblime koha 4.2
But I have a problem with the items. I don't now why but if I try to add or import items, it isn't appear.
I will see only the record.

Re: koha - items

nengard
This is the mailing list for Koha, if you'd like to download the
official Koha release you can get it at http://koha-community.org.
Most of us have not seen or used the software you are referring to.

Nicole C. Engard
Koha Documentation Manager

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 3:32 PM, schwitzd <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm testing the new liblime koha 4.2
> But I have a problem with the items. I don't now why but if I try to add or
> import items, it isn't appear.
> I will see only the record.

Re: koha - items

BWS Johnson-2
Salvete!

> I'm testing the new liblime koha 4.2
> But I have a problem with the items. I don't now why but if I try to add or
> import items, it isn't appear.
> I will see only the record.

      Alas, I'm afraid the trash that PTFS puts out as software is no Koha at all. Would that they would take it a bit further and set it on the curb where it belongs. Surely this is the destiny of a product with no contributors.

Sincerely,
BWS Johnson

Re: koha - items

mason@kohaaloha
Administrator

On 2011-05-24, at 8:34 AM, Nicole Engard wrote:

> This is the mailing list for Koha, if you'd like to download the
> official Koha release you can get it at http://koha-community.org.
> Most of us have not seen or used the software you are referring to.
>
> Nicole C. Engard
> Koha Documentation Manager
>
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 3:32 PM, schwitzd <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I'm testing the new liblime koha 4.2
>> But I have a problem with the items. I don't now why but if I try to add or
>> import items, it isn't appear.
>> I will see only the record.

fyi: liblime do seem to have a general mailing-list for their ILS products

perhaps you might get some joy posting to that list instead?...
moo

Re: koha - items

Henri-Damien LAURENT
Le 23/05/2011 22:32, schwitzd a écrit :
> Hello
>
> I'm testing the new liblime koha 4.2
> But I have a problem with the items. I don't now why but if I try to add or
> import items, it isn't appear.
> I will see only the record.

For what it's worth,
as far as i can tell, your behaviour comes from a missing field in your
items table schema or from an Innodb foreign key problem.

I cannot tell more, since I donot see the code neither the error logs.
Nonetheless as others told you, this list is focused on Koha....

--
Henri-Damien LAURENT

Re: koha - items

schwitzd
thanks a lot :)
I make a mistake with the mailing list!

Re: koha - items

Wagner, Jane
Mason, thank you for pointing to the listserv.  I had already responded
privately to the original poster, offering help and suggesting the
listserv as an option.  As Paul said, it sounds like a configuration
issue, with perhaps a missing branchcode or item type policy.  I would be
happy to help with diagnosing the problem.

Jane Wagner
Senior Project Manager
LibLime, a division of PTFS
6400 Goldsboro Road, Suite 200
Bethesda, MD  20817
(301) 654-8088 x 151
[hidden email]

On 2011-05-25, at 12:01 AM, Wagner, Jane wrote:

> Mason, thank you for pointing to the listserv.  I had already responded
> privately to the original poster, offering help and suggesting the
> listserv as an option.

...thats great news Jane - thanks for the update

> As Paul said, it sounds like a configuration
> issue, with perhaps a missing branchcode or item type policy.  I would be
> happy to help with diagnosing the problem.

moo

Re: koha - items

kalanger
I am using Koha 3.6.04 and I also get problems with making the items appear. I import marc records with the 952$p field carrying the barcode/accession number but when I select the 'search records for items and add' option in the staged import module it finds all sorts of odd things that it calls items but then on a catalogue search does not even show those. When I add items by hand, still it does not show them. I've examined the koha to marc mapping and the keywords to koha/marc relationships and I just don't know. Is there an index to be rebuild via MySQL like is done on other LMSs?

Help!

Thanks,
kalanger