koha catalog only field in item field is library location

koha catalog only field in item field is library location

schnydszch
Hello koha developers and users. A project will soon under way and I have a question. Data will be migrated from an union catalogue but the only field for the item records will only be the library location, it has no accession/barcode or whatsoever. It will only show that the library is available in a certain library. Now my question is: Is it possible that the location of the bibliorecords be available in the bibliorecords? If it's possible how will that be done? Thank you in advance!

Re: koha catalog only field in item field is library location

vinod
Dear,

Please refer this link to enter Location in Bibliorecord

http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd852.html

On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 19:46:13 +0530  wrote
>Hello koha developers and users. A project will soon under way and I have a

question. Data will be migrated from an union catalogue but the only field

for the item records will only be the library location, it has no

accession/barcode or whatsoever. It will only show that the library is

available in a certain library. Now my question is: Is it possible that the

location of the bibliorecords be available in the bibliorecords? If it's

possible how will that be done? Thank you in advance!

With regards,
Vinod Kumar Mishra,
Assistant Librarian,
Biju Patnaik Central Library,
NIT Rourkela,
Mob:91+9439420860
    91+6612462103 (O)
email: [hidden email]
     : [hidden email]

Re: koha catalog only field in item field is library location

schnydszch
Thanks for the prompt response. If I put them in the 852 field, will I need to open it up in the bibliographic framework? Do I need to do something else to make it searchable in the OPAC by location if MARC tag for location is in 852? TIA