imported bad marc record? or...?

Ella Delaney

Has anyone encountered this who can provide guidance? A marc record I imported (marc 8, KOHA version 3) is irretrievable, rendering everything else in my catalog with those title words (“film” and “art”) also irretrievable, and I can’t remove it with the “manage staged…” tool. Here’s the error message I’m getting when I try to search for it:

Error:

Can't call method "as_usmarc" on an undefined value at /usr/local/lib/C4/Search.pm line 2133.

Ella Delaney

Head Librarian

Flashpoint Academy

[hidden email]

(312)506-0645

Re: imported bad marc record? or...?

Jesse Weaver-2

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Ella Delaney <[hidden email]> wrote:

Has anyone encountered this who can provide guidance? A marc record I imported (marc 8, KOHA version 3) is irretrievable, rendering everything else in my catalog with those title words ("film" and "art") also irretrievable, and I can't remove it with the "manage staged…" tool. Here's the error message I'm getting when I try to search for it:

Error:

Can't call method "as_usmarc" on an undefined value at /usr/local/lib/C4/Search.pm line 2133.

Ella Delaney

Head Librarian

Flashpoint Academy

[hidden email]

(312)506-0645

Hey there!

You should be able to restart the zebra index from scratch (it's an option to rebuild-zebra.pl) once you delete the record.

If you can't get to the record manually, here's what you can do:

Find the biblionumber of the record in question (you'll probably have to look at the MySQL database directly for this).
Go to a different record in your catalogue (make sure you've clicked into the record itself), then look at the URL; if you change the number after biblionumber= to the biblionumber you just found, you should be able to get to the bad bib.

Best of luck,
--
Jesse Weaver
Software Developer, LibLime