freenode #koha and #koha-news

Chris Nighswonger
By way of announcement, the Koha Community has secured control of the #koha namespace on freenode.

#koha will serve as a backup for our main #koha channel on OFTC. Folks coming in channel there will receive a message pointing them to the main channel.

#koha-news is simply that, a channel for posting Koha related news. huginn will automatically post any items on the blog feed of www.k-c.org. Feel free to post any other Koha related news there as well. This replaces the historic #kohanews channel which will go away at some unknown point when freenode begins enforcing their new namespace policy.

Basically we have control of any channel beginning with '#koha-'

Enjoy!

Kind Regards,

Re: freenode #koha and #koha-news

Henri-Damien LAURENT
Le 05/10/2011 22:02, Chris Nighswonger a écrit :

> By way of announcement, the Koha Community has secured control of the
> #koha namespace on freenode.
>
> #koha will serve as a backup for our main #koha channel on OFTC. Folks
> coming in channel there will receive a message pointing them to the main
> channel.
>
> #koha-news is simply that, a channel for posting Koha related news.
> huginn will automatically post any items on the blog feed of www.k-c.org
> <http://www.k-c.org>. Feel free to post any other Koha related news
> there as well. This replaces the historic #kohanews channel which will
> go away at some unknown point when freenode begins enforcing their new
> namespace policy.
>
> Basically we have control of any channel beginning with '#koha-'
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Kind Regards,
> Chris
Thanks Chris.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT

Re: [Koha-devel] freenode #koha and #koha-news

Daniel Grobani-2
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info. How does the role of the news channel differ from that of the newsletter?

Cheers,
Daniel

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Chris Nighswonger <[hidden email]> wrote:
By way of announcement, the Koha Community has secured control of the #koha namespace on freenode.

#koha will serve as a backup for our main #koha channel on OFTC. Folks coming in channel there will receive a message pointing them to the main channel.

#koha-news is simply that, a channel for posting Koha related news. huginn will automatically post any items on the blog feed of www.k-c.org. Feel free to post any other Koha related news there as well. This replaces the historic #kohanews channel which will go away at some unknown point when freenode begins enforcing their new namespace policy.

Basically we have control of any channel beginning with '#koha-'

Enjoy!

Kind Regards,

Re: [Koha-devel] freenode #koha and #koha-news

Chris Nighswonger
Hey Daniel,

At present the news channel picks up notices real-time from the rss feed on the website. Any other news is appropriate there as well, afaik.

Kind Regards,
Chris