freenode #koha and #koha-news

Chris Nighswonger
By way of announcement, the Koha Community has secured control of the #koha namespace on freenode.

#koha will serve as a backup for our main #koha channel on OFTC. Folks coming in channel there will receive a message pointing them to the main channel.

#koha-news is simply that, a channel for posting Koha related news. huginn will automatically post any items on the blog feed of www.k-c.org. Feel free to post any other Koha related news there as well. This replaces the historic #kohanews channel which will go away at some unknown point when freenode begins enforcing their new namespace policy.

Basically we have control of any channel beginning with '#koha-'

Enjoy!

Kind Regards,

git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

Re: [Koha-devel] freenode #koha and #koha-news

Daniel Grobani-2
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info. How does the role of the news channel differ from that of the newsletter?

Cheers,
Daniel

git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

Re: [Koha-devel] freenode #koha and #koha-news

Chris Nighswonger
Hey Daniel,

At present the news channel picks up notices real-time from the rss feed on the website. Any other news is appropriate there as well, afaik.

Kind Regards,
Chris