fines problem

Kate Etheredge
Hi Everyone,
I have a new problem -- fines are not working.  The items are marked as overdue.  I've been told the fines cronjob is running. There is no grace period set up and fines only accrue on days we are open.
When I check the fines log, there is nothing there.
Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Kate

Re: fines problem

savitra sirohi
Kate,

Is the system preference "finesmode" set to production?

Can you describe how your circulation and fine rules are setup?

Thanks,
Savitra Sirohi
Nucsoft OSS Labs
http://www.osslabs.biz

2010/5/5 Kate Etheredge <[hidden email]>
Hi Everyone,
I have a new problem -- fines are not working.  The items are marked as overdue.  I've been told the fines cronjob is running. There is no grace period set up and fines only accrue on days we are open.
When I check the fines log, there is nothing there.
Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Kate

Re: fines problem

nengard
Sounds to me like the cron job needed for accruing fines isn't
running: http://koha-community.org/documentation/3-2-manual/?ch=a9984#AEN9999
 (scroll down to 'Fines')

Thanks
Nicole

2010/5/5 savitra sirohi <[hidden email]>:

> Kate,
>
> Is the system preference "finesmode" set to production?
>
> Can you describe how your circulation and fine rules are setup?
>
> Thanks,
> Savitra Sirohi
> Nucsoft OSS Labs
> http://www.osslabs.biz
>

> 2010/5/5 Kate Etheredge <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>> I have a new problem -- fines are not working.  The items are marked as
>> overdue.  I've been told the fines cronjob is running. There is no grace
>> period set up and fines only accrue on days we are open.
>> When I check the fines log, there is nothing there.
>> Any thoughts?
>> Thanks so much!
>> Kate

Re: fines problem

Kate Etheredge
Nicole,
I've been told that the fines cron job is running (since I am an express site, I can't check this myself).

Savitra,
Finesmode is set to production.

The circ rules are pretty basic.
Staff has no fines so: Staff - Item type: default- Fine amount: $0-14 day loan period
For patrons there are two fine types:
Default item type -- fine amount $.10 -- 14 day loan period
New Materials item type -- fine amount $1.00 -- 14 day loan period

I did have a number of fine days but took it out to see if it would change anything.

Thanks for any pointers.
Kate

Sounds to me like the cron job needed for accruing fines isn't
running: http://koha-community.org/documentation/3-2-manual/?ch=a9984#AEN9999
(scroll down to 'Fines')

Thanks
Nicole

2010/5/5 savitra sirohi <[hidden email]>:
> Kate,
>
> Is the system preference "finesmode" set to production?
>
> Can you describe how your circulation and fine rules are setup?
>
> Thanks,
> Savitra Sirohi
> Nucsoft OSS Labs
> http://www.osslabs.biz

> 2010/5/5 Kate Etheredge <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>> I have a new problem -- fines are not working.  The items are marked as
>> overdue.  I've been told the fines cronjob is running. There is no grace
>> period set up and fines only accrue on days we are open.
>> When I check the fines log, there is nothing there.
>> Any thoughts?
>> Thanks so much!
>> Kate

Re: fines problem

Church, Beverly
Have you checked your circulation and fines rules to make sure that you have value 1 in the Fine Charging Interval field? If you leave this field blank no fines will be charged.

* * * *
Beverly Church
PTFS Project Manager

phone: 1-888-564-2457 ext. 717
email: [hidden email]
skype: beverlychurch

2010/5/6 Kate Etheredge <[hidden email]>
Nicole,
I've been told that the fines cron job is running (since I am an express site, I can't check this myself).

Savitra,
Finesmode is set to production.

The circ rules are pretty basic.
Staff has no fines so: Staff - Item type: default- Fine amount: $0-14 day loan period
For patrons there are two fine types:
New Materials item type -- fine amount $1.00 -- 14 day loan period

I did have a number of fine days but took it out to see if it would change anything.

Thanks for any pointers.
Kate

Sounds to me like the cron job needed for accruing fines isn't
running: http://koha-community.org/documentation/3-2-manual/?ch=a9984#AEN9999
(scroll down to 'Fines')

Thanks
Nicole

2010/5/5 savitra sirohi <[hidden email]>:
> Kate,
>
> Is the system preference "finesmode" set to production?
>
> Can you describe how your circulation and fine rules are setup?
>
> Thanks,
> Savitra Sirohi
> Nucsoft OSS Labs
> http://www.osslabs.biz
>

> 2010/5/5 Kate Etheredge <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>> I have a new problem -- fines are not working.  The items are marked as
>> overdue.  I've been told the fines cronjob is running. There is no grace
>> period set up and fines only accrue on days we are open.
>> When I check the fines log, there is nothing there.
>> Any thoughts?
>> Thanks so much!
>> Kate

Re: fines problem

Kate Etheredge
Thanks, Beverly.  I did not have that marked.  I will let you all know tomorrow if that fixes the problem.

Sounds to me like the cron job needed for accruing fines isn't
running: http://koha-community.org/documentation/3-2-manual/?ch=a9984#AEN9999
(scroll down to 'Fines')

Thanks
Nicole

2010/5/5 savitra sirohi <[hidden email]>:
> Kate,
>
> Is the system preference "finesmode" set to production?
>
> Can you describe how your circulation and fine rules are setup?
>
> Thanks,
> Savitra Sirohi
> Nucsoft OSS Labs
> http://www.osslabs.biz
>

> 2010/5/5 Kate Etheredge <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>> I have a new problem -- fines are not working.  The items are marked as
>> overdue.  I've been told the fines cronjob is running. There is no grace
>> period set up and fines only accrue on days we are open.
>> When I check the fines log, there is nothing there.
>> Any thoughts?
>> Thanks so much!
>> Kate

Re: fines problem

Kate Etheredge
Hi all,
I was hoping by this time to have good news.  Fines are still not running (no log is showing up). I have looked back through all the items in Administration and Circulation and can't find anything that seems to be missing.  I have read the documentation and searched the bug list.  Luckily, we are a very small branch and have only been open for three weeks so fines can be figured out manually but, I would really like to have Koha work.  My thought is that the cronjob must not be running but I have been assured that it is.
If anyone has any suggestions, I will gladly test them!
Kate

Thanks, Beverly.  I did not have that marked.  I will let you all know tomorrow if that fixes the problem.

Sounds to me like the cron job needed for accruing fines isn't
running: http://koha-community.org/documentation/3-2-manual/?ch=a9984#AEN9999
(scroll down to 'Fines')

Thanks
Nicole

2010/5/5 savitra sirohi <[hidden email]>:
> Kate,
>
> Is the system preference "finesmode" set to production?
>
> Can you describe how your circulation and fine rules are setup?
>
> Thanks,
> Savitra Sirohi
> Nucsoft OSS Labs
> http://www.osslabs.biz
>

> 2010/5/5 Kate Etheredge <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>> I have a new problem -- fines are not working.  The items are marked as
>> overdue.  I've been told the fines cronjob is running. There is no grace
>> period set up and fines only accrue on days we are open.
>> When I check the fines log, there is nothing there.
>> Any thoughts?
>> Thanks so much!
>> Kate

Re: fines problem

savitra sirohi
Kate, you refer to fines logs. Have you checked the patrons' page for overdues and fines? For the fine log to work you should check the fineslog sys pref.

One more thing - I believe the patron categories (administration->patron categories) must have the overdue flag set.

Thanks,
Savitra Sirohi
Nucsoft OSS labs
http://www.osslabs.biz

2010/5/9 Kate Etheredge <[hidden email]>
Hi all,
I was hoping by this time to have good news.  Fines are still not running (no log is showing up). I have looked back through all the items in Administration and Circulation and can't find anything that seems to be missing.  I have read the documentation and searched the bug list.  Luckily, we are a very small branch and have only been open for three weeks so fines can be figured out manually but, I would really like to have Koha work.  My thought is that the cronjob must not be running but I have been assured that it is.
If anyone has any suggestions, I will gladly test them!
Kate

Thanks, Beverly.  I did not have that marked.  I will let you all know tomorrow if that fixes the problem.

Sounds to me like the cron job needed for accruing fines isn't
running: http://koha-community.org/documentation/3-2-manual/?ch=a9984#AEN9999
(scroll down to 'Fines')

Thanks
Nicole

2010/5/5 savitra sirohi <[hidden email]>:
> Kate,
>
> Is the system preference "finesmode" set to production?
>
> Can you describe how your circulation and fine rules are setup?
>
> Thanks,
> Savitra Sirohi
> Nucsoft OSS Labs
> http://www.osslabs.biz
>

> 2010/5/5 Kate Etheredge <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>> I have a new problem -- fines are not working.  The items are marked as
>> overdue.  I've been told the fines cronjob is running. There is no grace
>> period set up and fines only accrue on days we are open.
>> When I check the fines log, there is nothing there.
>> Any thoughts?
>> Thanks so much!
>> Kate

Re: fines problem

Kate Etheredge
Hi Savitra,
Thanks for your ideas.  When we check in an overdue book, Koha flags it but when we look at the patron's page, no fines appear (we have to manually add them).  The finelog sys pref is ans has been checked since before we went live.  The patron categories are flagged for overdues.
Kate