duplicate biblios

Nalisha Tamang
Dear all,
As we have imported 26,ooo books into koha and I already had 4700 books
entered manually . as I have added 0 in front of barcode with the 4700
books e.g (02412). when i imported 26000 books it didn't replace the
existing records which has no 0 in front of barcode e.g (2400). Now when I
check the catalog it shows many duplicates. which would be 26000 books +
4700 books + duplicate biblios. Now I don't know what to do?????????
 I have attached the screenshot... please help me ASAP....
With regards,
Nalisha

Re: duplicate biblios

Eric Phetteplace
Hi Nalisha,

It sounds like you want to find items with identical barcodes (ignoring a
leading zero), then delete their related biblios? If that's the case then
this report should return the list of related biblios that you can then
feed to Batch item/record deletion tools.

SELECT biblionumber
FROM items i
WHERE i.barcode IN (SELECT CONCAT('0', barcode) FROM items)

To be perfectly clear, this returns the *biblionumber* for the associated
bibliographic records for items with barcodes like "2412" where another
item exists with barcode "02412". It would retain your manually created
records. So if you were to feed this list of biblios to the batch record
deletion tool
<https://koha-community.org/manual/19.05/en/html/tools.html#batch-record-deletion-label>
you
would end up with no duplicates. I believe this also causes the orphaned
item records to be removed as well. I tested it briefly on our system by
creating a fake item with a duplicate barcode plus leading zero and it did
retrieve the intended result.

There was no screenshot attached to your email, FYI. Perhaps the mailing
list didn't allow it.

Best,

ERIC PHETTEPLACE Systems Librarian (he/him)

[hidden email] | o 510.594.3660

5212 Broadway | Oakland, CA | 94618

:(){ :|: & };:

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 11:29 AM Nalisha Tamang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> As we have imported 26,ooo books into koha and I already had 4700 books
> entered manually . as I have added 0 in front of barcode with the 4700
> books e.g (02412). when i imported 26000 books it didn't replace the
> existing records which has no 0 in front of barcode e.g (2400). Now when I
> check the catalog it shows many duplicates. which would be 26000 books +
> 4700 books + duplicate biblios. Now I don't know what to do?????????
>  I have attached the screenshot... please help me ASAP....
> With regards,
> Nalisha

Re: duplicate biblios

Nalisha Tamang