clipping catalog in Koha

Emilio Fialho
wise people, has anyone done a "clipping" catalog , ie clippings from newspapers / magazines and even blogs, but of which we don't have a item (physical copy) ?

Re: clipping catalog in Koha

King, Fred
I've adapted Koha to make a catalog of local authors, mostly from Medline* citations adapted to fit MARC format--see medstarauthors.org. Doing a clipping catalog would be similar--you could create item types for newspapers/magazines/blogs/videos/etc., use the 245 field for the article's title, another field for the name of the publication. I'd hope that the article has a static URL for the 856 field, though it's probably too much to hope it has a DOI.** Most of the other fields would be fairly easy to adapt to MARC.

It's definitely possible. Just make sure you have everything mapped out before you get started. It isn't difficult to go back and modify every bib record because you realized you needed to add another tag, but it's kind of tedious. Don't ask me how I know this. I just do. :-)

Good luck!

*Medline: the major database for medical literature citations, run by the US National Library of Medicine. See pubmed.gov.
**Digital Object Identifier. Are they common outside the scientific field?

Fred King
202-877-6670
ORCID 0000-0001-5266-0279
MedStar Authors Catalog: http://medstarauthors.org

Sometimes I wake up from a dream and then go back to it in disguise so I can find out what they’re saying about me behind my back.
--Bill in Portland

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.katipo.co.nz_mailman_listinfo_koha&d=DwIGaQ&c=RvBXVp2Kc-itN3g6r3sN0QK_zL4whPpndVxj8-bJ04M&r=vKh6XwOmjyC51IkP1OfsdjQZoWT2vpi6VZl8El8EPRI&m=hwP6DSKRqhkH-2frx6pHWkvvomSNtnTuCTwP85O_FVg&s=RbteFKqqqp9mCZeDC5QCh0e_rPw16V73IkG68Zgf0N8&e=