catalog card printing

schnydszch
good day koha users. we are using koha but have not gone live yet, i would like to know how to print card catalog from koha for shelflist purposes. thanks.

Re: catalog card printing

Elaine Bradtke-3
My first guess would be to create a list of the records you want
printed, export the biblio records, and import the data into some
local software that will format it for printing in a card catalogue
layout.

Maybe someone else has a better idea.

I suppose it depends on what you need it for, but does the 'browse the
shelf' facility compensate for not having a shelf list?
When we started to use electronic cataloguing here, we abandoned the
shelf list (but not the accessions register).

Elaine

2011/5/11 schnydszch <[hidden email]>:

> good day koha users. we are using koha but have not gone live yet, i would
> like to know how to print card catalog from koha for shelflist purposes.
> thanks.

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 ext 36

Re: catalog card printing

schnydszch
thanks Elaine.. the shelflist cards or accession list cards are for backup purposes. and just in case our library experiences long days of blackout we have our shelflist cards to look at. maybe somebody here has created a plugin or something for this. we'll try what you've said ellen. thanks again. :)

Re: catalog card printing

karvinjoss
I think its really a great resource for getting information. I really got a wonderful information from this post. I would definitely look forward to it.
Get the best commercial label printing | custom printed labels

Re: catalog card printing

Kyle Hall
Actually, I *have* written a catalog card printer plugin for Koha. It's not
pretty and I'm not proud of it, but it's worked well enough. You can find
the code here:

http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=8608

Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
ByWater Solutions ( http://bywatersolutions.com )
Meadville Public Library ( http://www.meadvillelibrary.org )
Crawford County Federated Library System ( http://www.ccfls.org )
Mill Run Technology Solutions ( http://millruntech.com )

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 10:35 PM, schnydszch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks Elaine.. the shelflist cards or accession list cards are for backup
> purposes. and just in case our library experiences long days of blackout we
> have our shelflist cards to look at. maybe somebody here has created a
> plugin or something for this. we'll try what you've said ellen. thanks
> again. :)

Re: catalog card printing

schnydszch
Thanks Kyle for this. how do i try your script? thanks.

Re: catalog card printing

sunnysmile
printing china is a good place to know about china and also where you can turn to when encountering some technical printing issues.