barcode questions

Christine Forte
these, hopefully, are pretty easily answered questions.

how do i add multiple barcodes in a single record that will reflect
multiple copies of the same book.

how do i add multiple barcodes in a single record that will reflect
multiple volumes of a set.

and then... any recommendations for this little problem.

in our psychology library, we have tests that consist of multiple
components, which we would like to barcode.  is it possible that under 1
record (let's just say for a rorschach test) i could have a barcode that
might specify a box of card and another that might be placed on a booklet,
and another that might be placed on a set of scoring cards?  (btw -- i'm
going to do very, very basic cataloging of most of these myself)

thank you for your help and thoughts.

christine

Christine Forte
Psychology Library Director
Antioch University Santa Barbara
801 Garden Street
Santa Barbara, CA  93101
Phone:  805-966-5615
Fax:  805-962-4786
e-mail:  [hidden email]

Re: barcode questions

Steven F.Baljkas
Thursday, February 23, 2006   02:30 CST

Hi, Christine,

I can't tackle most of the barcode questions, but it would seem to meet that the component portions of a set of materials (the last item you ask about) wouldn't be analytically different to a computer (and therefore to Koha) than the various volumes that comprise an encyclopedia set.

Looking forward to hearing back from others in the community with answers to your other barcode questions.

Cheers,
Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large
Koha neophyte