announcing Urungi, business intelligence made easy for Koha

announcing Urungi, business intelligence made easy for Koha

paul POULAIN-3

Hello all,

BibLibre is working for a while on a new tool to build statistics & dashboard (http://www.urungi.org) to complete the Koha reports module (Unix philosophy : 1 tool for 1 thing).

I consider that it's now ready for production (we'll begin to deploy it to our customers)

We still have many things on our roadmap (https://kanboard.biblibre.com/public/board/fc524fef4df4404a551f2315511d15d384f4d36ad99c7e36bd05155ed037). What exist works well though

What's next for the Koha community & developers ?

  • play a bit with our demo platform: https://demo-urungi.biblibre.com/#/home (test/test), linked to a koha DB (French inside !)
  • give it a try : https://github.com/biblibre/urungi/
  • you'll need to create layers for Koha. The good news is that we already have made some for you. The bad news is that we made it in French. So, just ask, I'll send it to you, translate to English, the Koha community will thank you ;)
  • the "hidden" feature : URL #/export => export anything from Urungi #/import => import anything into Urungi
  • share your layers, dashboards, ...
  • join the fun, submit pull requests, ...

PS: if anyone is using Mantis as support platform, we're also creating layers&dashboards for Mantis. Next will probably be Coral.

PS2: if anyone is willing to sponsor some features, we're open, as usual.

--
Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques

Re: announcing Urungi, business intelligence made easy for Koha

Hugo Agud-3
Hi Paul

this is absolutly espectacular! congrats!!!

thanks a lot!

El jue., 14 mar. 2019 a las 18:10, Paul Poulain (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

[...]

www.orex.es

    www.orex.es/koha    www.orex.es/vufind

Director

Avda Josep Tarradelles, 134 (Centro de Negocios Infanta) 08029 - Barcelona - Tel: 933 856 138   [hidden email] · http://www.orex.es/

No imprima este mensaje a no ser que sea necesario. Una tonelada de papel implica la tala de 15 árboles y el consumo de 250.000 litros de agua.

Aviso de confidencialidad
Este mensaje contiene información que puede ser CONFIDENCIAL y/o de USO RESTRINGIDO. Si usted no es el receptor deseado del mensaje (ni
está autorizado a recibirlo por el remitente), no está autorizado a copiar, reenviar o divulgar el mensaje o su contenido. Si ha recibido este mensaje
por error, por favor, notifíquenoslo inmediatamente y bórrelo de su sistema.

Re: announcing Urungi, business intelligence made easy for Koha

Magnus Enger
Bonjour!

And congratulations Paul & BibLibre! This looks like a really
interesting project. Thanks for sharing!

I am a bit curious about why you created a whole new project instead
of bulding on something like Grafana, for example. Could you say
something about what makes this project special?

Au revoir!
Magnus

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 at 18:09, Paul Poulain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> BibLibre is working for a while on a new tool to build statistics & dashboard (http://www.urungi.org) to complete the Koha reports module (Unix philosophy : 1 tool for 1 thing).
>
> I consider that it's now ready for production (we'll begin to deploy it to our customers)
>
> We still have many things on our roadmap (https://kanboard.biblibre.com/public/board/fc524fef4df4404a551f2315511d15d384f4d36ad99c7e36bd05155ed037). What exist works well though
>
> What's next for the Koha community & developers ?
>
> play a bit with our demo platform: https://demo-urungi.biblibre.com/#/home (test/test), linked to a koha DB (French inside !)
> give it a try : https://github.com/biblibre/urungi/
> you'll need to create layers for Koha. The good news is that we already have made some for you. The bad news is that we made it in French. So, just ask, I'll send it to you, translate to English, the Koha community will thank you ;)
> the "hidden" feature : URL #/export => export anything from Urungi #/import => import anything into Urungi
> share your layers, dashboards, ...
> join the fun, submit pull requests, ...
>
> PS: if anyone is using Mantis as support platform, we're also creating layers&dashboards for Mantis. Next will probably be Coral.
>
> PS2: if anyone is willing to sponsor some features, we're open, as usual.
>
> --
> Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
> BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques
> BibLibre, Open Source software and services for libraries

Re: announcing Urungi, business intelligence made easy for Koha

paul POULAIN-3

Hi Magnus & others,

Urungi can't be compared to Grafana, the goal of both tools are not the same. The goal of Urungi : "make librarians being able to build their own statistics and dashboard by drag-and-dropping". The goal of grafana : "The leading open source software for time series analytics" (motto on the 1st page)

The keywords here :

  • Urungi= building dashboard by end-users. Grafana = building dashboards for end users
  • Grafana = time series analytics. Urungi = generic.

For example : "how many active patrons do I have by category and their registration library, zipcode starting by '13%' " ? I don't think it's feasible with grafana. With Urungi, it's done in less than 10 seconds (once you have the layer)

HTH

Le 15/03/2019 à 08:50, Magnus Enger a écrit :
[...]

Stefano Bargioni
Il like it!
Complimenti :-)
Stefano

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 at 11:09, Paul Poulain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Magnus & others,
>
> Urungi can't be compared to Grafana, the goal of both tools are not the same. The goal of Urungi : "make librarians being able to build their own statistics and dashboard by drag-and-dropping". The goal of grafana : "The leading open source software for time series analytics" (motto on the 1st page)
>
> The keywords here :
>
> Urungi= building dashboard by end-users. Grafana = building dashboards for end users
> Grafana = time series analytics. Urungi = generic.
>
> For example : "how many active patrons do I have by category and their registration library, zipcode starting by '13%' " ? I don't think it's feasible with grafana. With Urungi, it's done in less than 10 seconds (once you have the layer)

That makes good sense. Thanks for explaining, Paul!

Best regards,
Magnus