*almost* have zebra plugin working

Cindy Murdock Ames
Hi all,

I've waded my way through installing the zebra plugin according to
Joshua's instructions, and it almost seems to be working (at least I'm
getting stuff relating to ZOOM in my koha logs :) but now I'm stumped.
When I try a catalog search from the intranet, I get an error message,
and this shows up in my log:

  Warning: something's wrong at
/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/SearchMarc.pm line 240.
  QUERY : wizards at /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/SearchMarc.pm
line 249.
  ZOOM error 10012 "CQL transformation error" (addinfo: "can't open CQL
transform file '/usr/local/koha/intranet/zebra/pqf.properties': No such
file or directory") from diag-set 'ZOOM'[Mon Mar 20 14:21:19 2006]
[error] [client 24.144.207.172] Premature end ofscript headers:
/usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/search.marc/search.pl

I have a symlink to the HEAD zebra folder in
/usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin (but it's really in the main koha
folder in my rel_2_2 cvs directory).  There is a pqf.properties, but
it's in intranet/cgi-bin/zebra instead of intranet/zebra.  I don't know
whether I've done something incorrectly, or this is a bug, and I can't
figure out where it's getting this path.  Can anybody tell me what's
going on?

Thanks!
Cindy

Re: *almost* have zebra plugin working

Joshua Ferraro-3
On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 09:42:43AM -0500, Cindy Murdock wrote:

> I've waded my way through installing the zebra plugin according to
> Joshua's instructions, and it almost seems to be working (at least I'm
> getting stuff relating to ZOOM in my koha logs :) but now I'm stumped.
> When I try a catalog search from the intranet, I get an error message,
> and this shows up in my log:
>
>  Warning: something's wrong at
> /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/SearchMarc.pm line 240.
>  QUERY : wizards at /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/SearchMarc.pm
> line 249.
>  ZOOM error 10012 "CQL transformation error" (addinfo: "can't open CQL
> transform file '/usr/local/koha/intranet/zebra/pqf.properties': No such
> file or directory") from diag-set 'ZOOM'[Mon Mar 20 14:21:19 2006]
> [error] [client 24.144.207.172] Premature end ofscript headers:
> /usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/search.marc/search.pl
>
> I have a symlink to the HEAD zebra folder in
> /usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin (but it's really in the main koha
> folder in my rel_2_2 cvs directory).  There is a pqf.properties, but
> it's in intranet/cgi-bin/zebra instead of intranet/zebra.  I don't know
> whether I've done something incorrectly, or this is a bug, and I can't
> figure out where it's getting this path.  Can anybody tell me what's
> going on?
This was an ommission on my part. You also need to create a symlink
from /usr/local/koha/intranet/zebra that points to /path/to/cvs/head/misc/zebra/usmarc
... sorry about that :-)

Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
President, Technology       migration, training, maintenance, support
LibLime                                Featuring Koha Open-Source ILS
[hidden email] |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS

Re: *almost* have zebra plugin working

Mike Taylor-2
> Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 09:42:43 -0500
> From: Cindy Murdock <[hidden email]>
>
>   Warning: something's wrong at
> /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/SearchMarc.pm line 240.
>   QUERY : wizards at /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/SearchMarc.pm
> line 249.
>   ZOOM error 10012 "CQL transformation error" (addinfo: "can't open CQL
> transform file '/usr/local/koha/intranet/zebra/pqf.properties': No such
> file or directory") from diag-set 'ZOOM'[Mon Mar 20 14:21:19 2006]
> [error] [client 24.144.207.172] Premature end ofscript headers:
> /usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/search.marc/search.pl

Well, that seems pretty self-documenting.  Just put the CQL
configuration file in the place it's expected, and all should be well.

> I have a symlink to the HEAD zebra folder in
> /usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin (but it's really in the main koha
> folder in my rel_2_2 cvs directory).  There is a pqf.properties, but
> it's in intranet/cgi-bin/zebra instead of intranet/zebra.  I don't know
> whether I've done something incorrectly, or this is a bug, and I can't
> figure out where it's getting this path.  Can anybody tell me what's
> going on?

I know nothing about Koha -- only about Zebra and ZOOM-Perl -- so I
don't know what the "correct" soltution to your problem is.  Maybe
your Koha-with-Zebra installation put the pqf.properties file in the
wrong place, or maybe the configuration file points to the wrong
place.  Koha wizards will have to decide which, make the make
appropriate changes to the distribution; but you should be able to
patch your own installation up easily enough.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <[hidden email]>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "Major changes in release 1.8: `date' doesn't dump core on some
         systems now" -- FSF release note (what about the other systems?)