adding existing items to acquisitions

Giuseppe Angilella
Hi,

how can I add existing items to existing acquisitions?

The normal procedure would be to first "order" an item within an
acquisition's basket, and then have it "received". But I am trying to
reconstruct past acquisitions (for the sake of my library's records), that
had been dealt with outside Koha.

Existing items are already populated with costs and source of acquisition.

(I wouldn't mind acting directly on the database by means of mysql
commands.)

(Batch procedures would be helpful, as I have plenty of items to be added
to acquisitions, and I can easily select their itemnumber into groups by
means of appropriate mysql clauses.)

Many thanks.

Giuseppe.

Re: adding existing items to acquisitions

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Giuseppe,

do you mean adding orders and invoices for those items?

I think it would probably be possible, but there are quite a few tables
involved. You'd need to make sure that:

- vendors exist or are created (aqbooksellers, aqcontacts)
- orders with order lines are created (aqbasket, aqorders)
- existing items are linked to the correct orders (aqorders_items)
- invoices are created and closed (aqinvoices)

There is no way from the GUI atm to link an existing item to a created
order. I think you'd need some scripts to create the correct data and
fill in the tables correctly. Especially being careful of the
calculations with taxes etc.

Hope this helps,

Katrin