Withdrawal from KohaCon Bid in favor of DlnetSA/Healthnet Nepal

Withdrawal from KohaCon Bid in favor of DlnetSA/Healthnet Nepal

Ata ur Rehman
Dear All

On behalf of LISolutions Trust Pakistan (Vice Chair, DlnetSA), I withdraw from the bid of KohaCon.  Being National Node of DlnetSA, we will support the combined efforts made by DlnetSA's National Node, Nepal (Healthnet, Nepal).

Healthnet Nepal and DlnetSA will jointly organize KohaCon 2011.  So we prefer join efforts instead of individual ones.

Note: I'm making the changes at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon2011_Proposals accordingly

Regards,

Ata ur Rehman
LISolutions
http://www.lisolutions.org/

Re: Withdrawal from KohaCon Bid in favor of DlnetSA/Healthnet Nepal

Muhammad Shafiq
Dear All,

In my opinion to promote the joint efforts by the South Asian countries the KohaCon should be held in Nepal which is mostly accessible and easy for the SAARC Countries which are developing countries and others.

I am fully agreed with Chris's point of view from NZ. about the Nepal. DlnetSA (Digital Library Network of South Asia) is a platform having the members as the national nodes for Koha & GSDL in south Asian countries  which can play an active role in the future for the Koha and other FOSS solutions.

My dear Koha family please support DlnetSA to organize the KohaCon by Health Net (Secretary DenetSA) in Nepal. It will be a mile stone for this region.

So Vote for the DlnetSA to organize the KohaCon in Nepal.

Regards

Muhammad Shafiq Rana
LISolutions (Vice Chair DlnetSA)
Islamabad-Pakistan