Virtualbox 6.0 compatible with Hyper-V

dcook

Hi all Windows users,

Just mentioning that Virtualbox 6.0 apparently can use Hyper-V as a backend, so if you’re frustrated because Docker Desktop uses Hyper-V, which prevents you from using VMware or Virtualbox, your prayers have now seemingly been answered.

I haven’t tried it out, but that’s what I’m told: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog-6.0

I really like using Docker Desktop for all my development now, but sometimes it might be necessary to use Virtualbox, so nice to have this as an option.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St

Ultimo, NSW 2007

Australia

Office: 02 9212 0899

Direct: 02 8005 0595

Re: Virtualbox 6.0 compatible with Hyper-V

Tomas Cohen Arazi
Awesome!

El jue., 11 jul. 2019 a las 23:25, <[hidden email]> escribió:

Hi all Windows users,

Just mentioning that Virtualbox 6.0 apparently can use Hyper-V as a backend, so if you’re frustrated because Docker Desktop uses Hyper-V, which prevents you from using VMware or Virtualbox, your prayers have now seemingly been answered.

I haven’t tried it out, but that’s what I’m told: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog-6.0

I really like using Docker Desktop for all my development now, but sometimes it might be necessary to use Virtualbox, so nice to have this as an option.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St