Using Koha for Union Catalogue

Javed Sahil
Hi all,
We are planning to use koha for union catalogue, initially 5-10 libraries
having round about 100000 (one lac) books in total.
This count may increase to hundreds of libraries and millions of books.
Is koha favourable for union catalogues?

Regards,
Javed

Re: Using Koha for Union Catalogue

vikram zadgaonkar-2
 Dear Javed,
koha is capable. We have done this. You can check on following link:

http://library.svkm.ac.in/

Vikram Zadgaonkar

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 7:50 PM, Javed Sahil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> We are planning to use koha for union catalogue, initially 5-10 libraries
> having round about 100000 (one lac) books in total.
> This count may increase to hundreds of libraries and millions of books.
> Is koha favourable for union catalogues?
>
> Regards,
> Javed

Re: Using Koha for Union Catalogue

Javed Sahil
Thank you for replying Vikram,

 I have searched your union catalog, but it is not showing number of items
available in libraries. in "Availability"

here are examples. Availability: *Items available:* CNM School Mumbai (),
Availability: *Items available:* NMIMS SOE (),

Secondly please share if you are using only one server? or connected the
koha servers of all the libraries?and if all the libraries are continuously
adding their calogue records? and automatically updated on union catalog??or
you take excel sheet from all libraries and then import them to koha union
catalog?

Regards,Javed

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 7:37 PM, vikram zadgaonkar <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Javed,
> koha is capable. We have done this. You can check on following link:
>
> http://library.svkm.ac.in/
>
> Vikram Zadgaonkar
>
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 7:50 PM, Javed Sahil <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> We are planning to use koha for union catalogue, initially 5-10 libraries
>> having round about 100000 (one lac) books in total.
>> This count may increase to hundreds of libraries and millions of books.
>> Is koha favourable for union catalogues?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Javed

Javed Shoukat

Management Trainee Officer (MTO)
Lahore University of
Management Sciences (LUMS),
Lahore.

Contact #: +92 300 6548748 <+92%20300%206548748>
Email: [hidden email]