User MyLibrary Already Exists

Charles Kelley
Hello, all

    My new library is thinking of migrating to Koha and I am installing it on a development machine before installing it on the production machine. I have reached this stage in the installation instructions, to wit:

$ sudo koha-create --create-db mylibrary

    The response is

User mylibrary-koha already exists.

    Grand! I proceed to the next instruction, to wit:

Retrieve the admin username and password from /etc/koha/sites/mylibrary/koha-conf.xml

    So I look for the username and password in that file. A directory /etc/koha/sites/mylibrary does indeed exist; but mylibrary turns out to be devoid of all files, and koha-conf.xml consequently nonexistent. What went wrong? How does one fix this?

    Thank you for the help.

    — Charles.

    Charles Kelley
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    011-81-80-4714-5490 [JPN cell]

    www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.

Re: User MyLibrary Already Exists

Hector Gonzalez

> On Jun 4, 2019, at 9:47 PM, Charles Kelley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello, all
>
>    My new library is thinking of migrating to Koha and I am installing it on a development machine before installing it on the production machine. I have reached this stage in the installation instructions, to wit:
>
> $ sudo koha-create --create-db mylibrary
>
>    The response is
>
> User mylibrary-koha already exists.
>
>    Grand! I proceed to the next instruction, to wit:

Not so grand!  This means the user it is trying to create to grant database privileges is already there, and it won´t continue.  You should first make sure everything is clean of your previous attempts, or it will not proceed.

You should check mysql, and drop the user and the database if they exist before running that command again.

koha-remove can help you remove a previous installation attempt.

> Retrieve the admin username and password from /etc/koha/sites/mylibrary/koha-conf.xml
>
>    So I look for the username and password in that file. A directory /etc/koha/sites/mylibrary does indeed exist; but mylibrary turns out to be devoid of all files, and koha-conf.xml consequently nonexistent. What went wrong? How does one fix this?
>
>    Thank you for the help.
>
>    — Charles.
>
>    Charles Kelley
>    PSC 704 Box 1029
>    APO AP 96338
>
>    011-81-80-4714-5490 [JPN cell]
>
>    [hidden email]
>    [hidden email]
>
>    www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls
>    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.

Héctor González