Union Catalog using Koha

Mubassir Ahsan
Dear developers,

I am doing my research on union catalog. Most of my sample libraries have
Koha installed. Is koha capable of using as a union catalog software among
different codebase libraries?
If there any additional tools that can do this ? Please help me here.
--

*Best wishes.*
*--------------------*

*Md. Mubassir AhsanAssistant Librarian(Library In-Charge)Southeast
University*

*-----------------------------*
*Mobile+Viber+IMO: 01916303060*
*Facebook:* mmahsan <http://facebook.com/mmahsan>
*Skype+Twitter*: mahsandu
Website: Mubassir.info
*"Proud to be a LIS Professional*"
*Tag: Web Developer, CMS (Drupal, Joomla), ILS (Koha), IR (DSpace,
Greenstone), N/W Admin, DBA.*

Re: Union Catalog using Koha

vikram zadgaonkar-2
Hi,
Union catalog is one of the main feature of koha.

Vikram Zadgaonkar

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Mubassir Ahsan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear developers,
>
> I am doing my research on union catalog. Most of my sample libraries have
> Koha installed. Is koha capable of using as a union catalog software among
> different codebase libraries?
> If there any additional tools that can do this ? Please help me here.
> --
>
> *Best wishes.*
> *--------------------*
>

> *Md. Mubassir AhsanAssistant Librarian(Library In-Charge)Southeast
> University*
>
> *-----------------------------*
> *Mobile+Viber+IMO: 01916303060*
> *Facebook:* mmahsan <http://facebook.com/mmahsan>
> *Skype+Twitter*: mahsandu
> Website: Mubassir.info
> *"Proud to be a LIS Professional*"
> *Tag: Web Developer, CMS (Drupal, Joomla), ILS (Koha), IR (DSpace,
> Greenstone), N/W Admin, DBA.*

Re: Union Catalog using Koha

Mubassir Ahsan
Hi Vikram,
How could we achieve this in a distributed and separated libraries? Could
you please explain.

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018, 6:35 PM vikram zadgaonkar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
> Union catalog is one of the main feature of koha.
>
> Vikram Zadgaonkar
>
> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Mubassir Ahsan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear developers,
>>
>> I am doing my research on union catalog. Most of my sample libraries have
>> Koha installed. Is koha capable of using as a union catalog software among
>> different codebase libraries?
>> If there any additional tools that can do this ? Please help me here.
>> --
>>
>> *Best wishes.*
>> *--------------------*
>>

>> *Md. Mubassir AhsanAssistant Librarian(Library In-Charge)Southeast
>> University*
>>
>> *-----------------------------*
>> *Mobile+Viber+IMO: 01916303060*
>> *Facebook:* mmahsan <http://facebook.com/mmahsan>
>> *Skype+Twitter*: mahsandu
>> Website: Mubassir.info
>> *"Proud to be a LIS Professional*"
>> *Tag: Web Developer, CMS (Drupal, Joomla), ILS (Koha), IR (DSpace,
>> Greenstone), N/W Admin, DBA.*

*Best wishes.*
*--------------------*

*Md. Mubassir AhsanAssistant Librarian(Library In-Charge)Southeast
University*

*-----------------------------*
*Mobile+Viber+IMO: 01916303060*
*Facebook:* mmahsan <http://facebook.com/mmahsan>
*Skype+Twitter*: mahsandu
Website: Mubassir.info
*"Proud to be a LIS Professional*"
*Tag: Web Developer, CMS (Drupal, Joomla), ILS (Koha), IR (DSpace,
Greenstone), N/W Admin, DBA.*

Re: Union Catalog using Koha

vikram zadgaonkar-2
Do you have multiple koha installations?

Vikram Zadgaonkar

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 6:07 PM, Mubassir Ahsan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Vikram,
> How could we achieve this in a distributed and separated libraries? Could
> you please explain.
>

> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018, 6:35 PM vikram zadgaonkar <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Union catalog is one of the main feature of koha.
>>
>> Vikram Zadgaonkar
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Mubassir Ahsan <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear developers,
>>>
>>> I am doing my research on union catalog. Most of my sample libraries have
>>> Koha installed. Is koha capable of using as a union catalog software
>>> among
>>> different codebase libraries?
>>> If there any additional tools that can do this ? Please help me here.
>>> --
>>>
>>> *Best wishes.*
>>> *--------------------*
>>>

>>> *Md. Mubassir AhsanAssistant Librarian(Library In-Charge)Southeast
>>> University*
>>>
>>> *-----------------------------*
>>> *Mobile+Viber+IMO: 01916303060*
>>> *Facebook:* mmahsan <http://facebook.com/mmahsan>
>>> *Skype+Twitter*: mahsandu
>>> Website: Mubassir.info
>>> *"Proud to be a LIS Professional*"
>>> *Tag: Web Developer, CMS (Drupal, Joomla), ILS (Koha), IR (DSpace,
>>> Greenstone), N/W Admin, DBA.*
>>>

>> --
>
> *Best wishes.*
> *--------------------*
>

> *Md. Mubassir AhsanAssistant Librarian(Library In-Charge)Southeast
> University*
>
> *-----------------------------*
> *Mobile+Viber+IMO: 01916303060*
> *Facebook:* mmahsan <http://facebook.com/mmahsan>
> *Skype+Twitter*: mahsandu
> Website: Mubassir.info
> *"Proud to be a LIS Professional*"
> *Tag: Web Developer, CMS (Drupal, Joomla), ILS (Koha), IR (DSpace,
> Greenstone), N/W Admin, DBA.*

Re: Union Catalog using Koha

Mubassir Ahsan
Yes. I Have.

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018, 6:46 PM vikram zadgaonkar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Do you have multiple koha installations?
>
> Vikram Zadgaonkar
>
> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 6:07 PM, Mubassir Ahsan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Vikram,
>> How could we achieve this in a distributed and separated libraries? Could
>> you please explain.
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018, 6:35 PM vikram zadgaonkar <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Union catalog is one of the main feature of koha.
>>>
>>> Vikram Zadgaonkar

>>> --
>>
>> *Best wishes.*
>> *--------------------*
>>

>> *Md. Mubassir AhsanAssistant Librarian(Library In-Charge)Southeast
>> University*
>>
>> *-----------------------------*
>> *Mobile+Viber+IMO: 01916303060*
>> *Facebook:* mmahsan <http://facebook.com/mmahsan>
>> *Skype+Twitter*: mahsandu
>> Website: Mubassir.info
>> *"Proud to be a LIS Professional*"
>> *Tag: Web Developer, CMS (Drupal, Joomla), ILS (Koha), IR (DSpace,
>> Greenstone), N/W Admin, DBA.*
>>

> --

*Best wishes.*

Re: Union Catalog using Koha

vikram zadgaonkar-2
Hmm....
May I ask you why you have done multiple installation instead of opting for
creation of branches if it is for same university?

Vikram Zadgaonkar

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 6:17 PM, Mubassir Ahsan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes. I Have.
>
> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018, 6:46 PM vikram zadgaonkar <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Do you have multiple koha installations?
>>
>> Vikram Zadgaonkar
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 6:07 PM, Mubassir Ahsan <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Vikram,
>>> How could we achieve this in a distributed and separated libraries?
>>> Could you please explain.

>>> *Best wishes.*
>>> *--------------------*
>>>

>>> *Md. Mubassir AhsanAssistant Librarian(Library In-Charge)Southeast
>>> University*
>>>
>>> *-----------------------------*
>>> *Mobile+Viber+IMO: 01916303060*
>>> *Facebook:* mmahsan <http://facebook.com/mmahsan>
>>> *Skype+Twitter*: mahsandu
>>> Website: Mubassir.info
>>> *"Proud to be a LIS Professional*"
>>> *Tag: Web Developer, CMS (Drupal, Joomla), ILS (Koha), IR (DSpace,
>>> Greenstone), N/W Admin, DBA.*
>>>

>> --
>
> *Best wishes.*

Re: Union Catalog using Koha

Mubassir Ahsan
Actually there are multiple universities maintain their own koha
installations. I am trying to connect them via Union Catalog and
inter-library loan.

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018, 6:50 PM vikram zadgaonkar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hmm....
> May I ask you why you have done multiple installation instead of opting
> for creation of branches if it is for same university?
>

> Vikram Zadgaonkar
>
> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 6:17 PM, Mubassir Ahsan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yes. I Have.
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018, 6:46 PM vikram zadgaonkar <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have multiple koha installations?
>>>
>>> Vikram Zadgaonkar

>>> --
>>
>> *Best wishes.*
>> *--------------------*
>> *Md. Mubassir Ahsan*
>> *Assistant Librarian*
>> *(Library In-Charge)*
>> *Southeast University*
>>

> --

*Best wishes.*

Re: Union Catalog using Koha

Zeno Tajoli-2
Hi,

Il 05/01/2018 13:54, Mubassir Ahsan ha scritto:
> Actually there are multiple universities maintain their own koha
> installations. I am trying to connect them via Union Catalog and
> inter-library loan.

to create a union catalog with different Koha installs you can:
1)Setup z39.50 server on every Koha
2)Do the union catalog with pazpar2, http://www.indexdata.com/pazpar2
An example of pazpar2 complex conf:
https://github.com/ssp/pazpar2-config

Bye
Zeno Tajoli

--
Zeno Tajoli
/SVILUPPO PRODOTTI CINECA/ - Automazione Biblioteche

Re: Union Catalog using Koha

PabloAB
Hi Zeno,

> Il 05/01/2018 13:54, Mubassir Ahsan ha scritto:
>
>> Actually there are multiple universities maintain their own koha
>> installations. I am trying to connect them via Union Catalog and
>> inter-library loan.
>>

> to create a union catalog with different Koha installs you can:
> 1)Setup z39.50 server on every Koha
> 2)Do the union catalog with pazpar2, http://www.indexdata.com/pazpar2
> An example of pazpar2 complex conf:
> https://github.com/ssp/pazpar2-config

​Wouldn't be a third option to use OAI-PMH? Maybe with vuFind.
What are the advantages you find using the other alternatives?

Regards,
Pablo

Re: Union Catalog using Koha

Indranil Das Gupta
Hi Pablo,

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 6:09 AM, Pablo Bianchi <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Zeno,

> > Il 05/01/2018 13:54, Mubassir Ahsan ha scritto:
> >
> >> Actually there are multiple universities maintain their own koha
> >> installations. I am trying to connect them via Union Catalog and
> >> inter-library loan.
> >>

> > to create a union catalog with different Koha installs you can:
> > 1)Setup z39.50 server on every Koha
> > 2)Do the union catalog with pazpar2, http://www.indexdata.com/pazpar2
> > An example of pazpar2 complex conf:
> > https://github.com/ssp/pazpar2-config
>

> ​Wouldn't be a third option to use OAI-PMH? Maybe with vuFind.
> What are the advantages you find using the other alternatives?

FWIW, I use vuFind for these sort of cases.

cheers
idg

> Regards,
> Pablo
> ​

Re: Union Catalog using Koha

Zeno Tajoli-2
Hi to all,

Il 08/01/2018 01:39, Pablo Bianchi ha scritto:

> ​Wouldn't be a third option to use OAI-PMH? Maybe with vuFind.
> What are the advantages you find using the other alternatives?

in fact it is an other option.
I think it is more complex to do, but with OAI-PMH and Vufind you can
create a better result.
The advantage of pazpar2:
-- More light
-- More simple to do (my opinion)