Unable to Check-In Error

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unable to Check-In Error

satishamv
Hi,

Running Koha 16.11.11 / Package Installation/ Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop with
MySQL.
(updating from previous versions as and when the new releases are made)

 "Unable to Check-In" message is displayed for few patrons when trying
perform checkin.
Can you please help me how to fix the issue.
Please find screenshots of the same here.
https://ibb.co/nHf0FG
https://ibb.co/mNHahw

Already did dbms auto increment fix as per URL
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix#The_solution

With Thanks

Satish MV
Librarian
Govt. Engineering College, Hassan
Karnataka.
--
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

Jonathan Druart
Hello,
Go to the about page, tab "Server information" for more info
Regards,
Jonathan

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 at 08:17 SATISH <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Running Koha 16.11.11 / Package Installation/ Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop with
> MySQL.
> (updating from previous versions as and when the new releases are made)
>
>  "Unable to Check-In" message is displayed for few patrons when trying
> perform checkin.
> Can you please help me how to fix the issue.
> Please find screenshots of the same here.
> https://ibb.co/nHf0FG
> https://ibb.co/mNHahw
>
> Already did dbms auto increment fix as per URL
> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix#The_solution
>
> With Thanks
>
> Satish MV
> Librarian
> Govt. Engineering College, Hassan
> Karnataka.
> --
> _______________________________________________
> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
>
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

satishamv
About Koha Page,
https://ibb.co/b78sxw
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

Pedro Amorim
Satish,

The section you should be looking at is "System information" in the "About"
page and look for an entry regarding issues and old_issues.
If your problem is indeed related to the DBMS auto increment issue, take a
look at these discussions:

http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/DBMS-auto-increment-fix-td5954478.html
http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Salvaging-data-before-using-DBMS-auto-increment-fix-td5951803.html

The provided fix in the official documentation only prevents the problem
from happening in the future, it won't fix your already corrupted data.
You should manually delete the duplicated ID's from the old_issues table.
Needless to say, you should perform a database back-up beforehand.

GL,

Pedro Amorim

2017-12-06 4:29 GMT-01:00 SATISH <[hidden email]>:

> About Koha Page,
> https://ibb.co/b78sxw
> _______________________________________________
> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
>
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

Jonathan Druart
In reply to this post by satishamv
Sorry, it's tab "System information", not "Server information".
Not related, but you do not have memcached setup correctly.

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 at 02:29 SATISH <[hidden email]> wrote:

> About Koha Page,
> https://ibb.co/b78sxw
>
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

satishamv
Hi,

Please find the "System Information" screen capture here...
https://ibb.co/mt3SEb

since I have installed Koha from packages method, I am not clear about
memcached
setup.

I did an update to 16.05 during last week of Aug 2017. Whatever books
issued between last week of aug and first week of septer 2017, I am facing
problems now.
few months back I updated to 16.11.11 and other functionalities are working
fine.

I am facing problem in check-in for ....borrowernumber=522, that is not
listed in System Information Screen.

I have an access to mysql and Is there anyway, I could fix the old_issues
table without disturbing production system ?

with thanks
satish
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

Pedro Amorim
1) Copy the ID's under *Checkouts* from About Koha -> System Information

2) *Select * from old_issues where issue_id IN (<paste ID's here>)*
Confirm the listed rows are the ones you want to delete;

3) *Delete from old_issues where issue_id IN (<paste ID's here>);*

4) Check in items and be happy.

This should work.

Have a good one,

On 7 December 2017 at 05:27, SATISH <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please find the "System Information" screen capture here...
> https://ibb.co/mt3SEb
>
> since I have installed Koha from packages method, I am not clear about memcached
> setup.
>
> I did an update to 16.05 during last week of Aug 2017. Whatever books
> issued between last week of aug and first week of septer 2017, I am facing
> problems now.
> few months back I updated to 16.11.11 and other functionalities are
> working fine.
>
> I am facing problem in check-in for ....borrowernumber=522, that is not
> listed in System Information Screen.
>
> I have an access to mysql and Is there anyway, I could fix the old_issues
> table without disturbing production system ?
>
> with thanks
> satish
>
>
>
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

satishamv
yeah, it's worked! for me. thank you so much. I am able to check-in books
for the said borrower. it was really a good fix!

satish
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

kpkkprasanth
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by satishamv
Hi am cleared my checkin problem in koha Version 18.05

My problem Image 1 : https://ibb.co/mOmUez

Some Koha Installation & Supporting Gurus Said its fine policy , Clear
Increase Max fine.

k dude i cleard see image 2 : https://ibb.co/gKGHXK

Again Check in Error ji


None of this work for me. Because the promble in sql file. Today we clear
that problem. I'm mentioned here with clear step please follow dude.


Step 1 : Go to the About Koha -> System Information

See my Image 3 : https://ibb.co/hsKkme

Step 2 : Copy the ID's under *Checkouts*

Example : 12926,39936

Step 3 : Open Terminal Ctrl+Alt+T

Step 4 : sudo su

Step 5 : enter your login password

Step 6 : mysql -u root -p

Enter password:

Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 39
Server version: 5.7.23-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 (Ubuntu)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.
 

Step 7 : show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| koha_library       |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
| sys                |
+--------------------+
5 rows in set (0.07 sec)

Step 8 : mysql> use koha_library; [my database name: koha_library]
Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A

Step 9 : mysql> Select * from old_issues where issue_id IN (12926,39936);

change the check out numbers as yours in that bracket and type the above in
mysql cmd

It Shows :

+----------------+------------+---------------------+------------+---------------------+-----------------+----------+------------+------------------+---------------------+---------------------+-----------------+------+----------+----------+
| borrowernumber | itemnumber | date_due            | branchcode |
returndate          | lastreneweddate | renewals | auto_renew |
auto_renew_error | timestamp           | issuedate           |
onsite_checkout | note | notedate | issue_id |
+----------------+------------+---------------------+------------+---------------------+-----------------+----------+------------+------------------+---------------------+---------------------+-----------------+------+----------+----------+
|            471 |       3935 | 2015-08-07 23:59:00 | IIITDM     |
2015-07-20 15:29:40 | NULL            |     NULL |          0 | NULL            
| 2015-07-20 15:29:40 | 2015-06-25 16:48:00 |               0 | NULL | NULL    
|    12926 |
|           1045 |      28993 | 2018-04-24 23:59:00 | IIITDM     |
2018-03-12 20:53:50 | NULL            |     NULL |          0 | NULL            
| 2018-03-12 20:53:50 | 2018-03-12 20:53:37 |               0 | NULL | NULL    
|    39936 |
+----------------+------------+---------------------+------------+---------------------+-----------------+----------+------------+------------------+---------------------+---------------------+-----------------+------+----------+----------+
2 rows in set (0.02 sec)

Step 10 : Delete from old_issues where issue_id IN (12926,39936);
Query OK, 2 rows affected (0.13 sec)

Restart mysql

Step 11 : mysql> sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart


See Image : https://ibb.co/eHMZCK

Successfully we done dude.


Regards,

K.Prasanth M.L.I.Sc.,B.Sc.,C.L.I.Sc.,HDCHN.,PGDLAN
Library Trainee
Indian Institue of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing
Kancheepuram

Contact : kpkkprasanth@gmail.com

Supported Person and Guide : Mr.Perumal Sir









--
Sent from: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-general-f3047918.html
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
Koha@lists.katipo.co.nz
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

Alvaro Cornejo
Hi Prassanth,

Good you were able to fix your checking issue; however, in your about
capture I see that you have a lot of duplicate records. You must fix it as
soon as possible as per the instructions in the link shown in that page.

BTW, you shouldn't need to restart mysql at the end of your procedure but
reindex koha db with zebra.

Regards,

Alvaro

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier
celular y Nextel
en el Perú, México y en mas de 180 paises. Use aplicaciones 2 vias via SMS
y GPRS online
              Visitenos en www.perusms.com

2018-09-19 5:38 GMT-05:00 kpkkprasanth <[hidden email]>:

> Hi am cleared my checkin problem in koha Version 18.05
>
> My problem Image 1 : https://ibb.co/mOmUez
>
> Some Koha Installation & Supporting Gurus Said its fine policy , Clear
> Increase Max fine.
>
> k dude i cleard see image 2 : https://ibb.co/gKGHXK
>
> Again Check in Error ji
>
>
> None of this work for me. Because the promble in sql file. Today we clear
> that problem. I'm mentioned here with clear step please follow dude.
>
>
> Step 1 : Go to the About Koha -> System Information
>
> See my Image 3 : https://ibb.co/hsKkme
>
> Step 2 : Copy the ID's under *Checkouts*
>
> Example : 12926,39936
>
> Step 3 : Open Terminal Ctrl+Alt+T
>
> Step 4 : sudo su
>
> Step 5 : enter your login password
>
> Step 6 : mysql -u root -p
>
> Enter password:
>
> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
> Your MySQL connection id is 39
> Server version: 5.7.23-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 (Ubuntu)
>
> Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights
> reserved.
>
> Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
> affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
> owners.
>
> Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
> statement.
>
>
> Step 7 : show databases;
> +--------------------+
> | Database           |
> +--------------------+
> | information_schema |
> | koha_library       |
> | mysql              |
> | performance_schema |
> | sys                |
> +--------------------+
> 5 rows in set (0.07 sec)
>
> Step 8 : mysql> use koha_library; [my database name: koha_library]
> Reading table information for completion of table and column names
> You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
>
> Step 9 : mysql> Select * from old_issues where issue_id IN (12926,39936);
>
> change the check out numbers as yours in that backet and type the above in
> mysql cmd
>
> It Shows :
>
> +----------------+------------+---------------------+-------
> -----+---------------------+-----------------+----------+---
> ---------+------------------+---------------------+---------
> ------------+-----------------+------+----------+----------+
> | borrowernumber | itemnumber | date_due            | branchcode |
> returndate          | lastreneweddate | renewals | auto_renew |
> auto_renew_error | timestamp           | issuedate           |
> onsite_checkout | note | notedate | issue_id |
> +----------------+------------+---------------------+-------
> -----+---------------------+-----------------+----------+---
> ---------+------------------+---------------------+---------
> ------------+-----------------+------+----------+----------+
> |            471 |       3935 | 2015-08-07 23:59:00 | IIITDM     |
> 2015-07-20 15:29:40 | NULL            |     NULL |          0 | NULL
>
> | 2015-07-20 15:29:40 | 2015-06-25 16:48:00 |               0 | NULL |
> NULL
> |    12926 |
> |           1045 |      28993 | 2018-04-24 23:59:00 | IIITDM     |
> 2018-03-12 20:53:50 | NULL            |     NULL |          0 | NULL
>
> | 2018-03-12 20:53:50 | 2018-03-12 20:53:37 |               0 | NULL |
> NULL
> |    39936 |
> +----------------+------------+---------------------+-------
> -----+---------------------+-----------------+----------+---
> ---------+------------------+---------------------+---------
> ------------+-----------------+------+----------+----------+
> 2 rows in set (0.02 sec)
>
> Step 10 : Delete from old_issues where issue_id IN (12926,39936);
> Query OK, 2 rows affected (0.13 sec)
>
> Restart mysql
>
> Step 11 : mysql> sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart
>
>
> See Image : https://ibb.co/eHMZCK
>
> Successfully we done dude.
>
>
> Regards,
>
> K.Prasanth M.L.I.Sc.,B.Sc.,C.L.I.Sc.,HDCHN.,PGDLAN
> Library Trainee
> Indian Institue of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing
> Kancheepuram
>
> Contact : [hidden email]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-general-f3047918.html
> _______________________________________________
> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
>
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

kpkkprasanth
Thank you, I will do that.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 7:37 PM Alvaro Cornejo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Prassanth,
>
> Good you were able to fix your checking issue; however, in your about
> capture I see that you have a lot of duplicate records. You must fix it as
> soon as possible as per the instructions in the link shown in that page.
>
> BTW, you shouldn't need to restart mysql at the end of your procedure but
> reindex koha db with zebra.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alvaro
>
>
> |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier
> celular y Nextel
> en el Perú, México y en mas de 180 paises. Use aplicaciones 2 vias via SMS
> y GPRS online
>               Visitenos en www.perusms.com
>
> 2018-09-19 5:38 GMT-05:00 kpkkprasanth <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi am cleared my checkin problem in koha Version 18.05
>>
>> My problem Image 1 : https://ibb.co/mOmUez
>>
>> Some Koha Installation & Supporting Gurus Said its fine policy , Clear
>> Increase Max fine.
>>
>> k dude i cleard see image 2 : https://ibb.co/gKGHXK
>>
>> Again Check in Error ji
>>
>>
>> None of this work for me. Because the promble in sql file. Today we clear
>> that problem. I'm mentioned here with clear step please follow dude.
>>
>>
>> Step 1 : Go to the About Koha -> System Information
>>
>> See my Image 3 : https://ibb.co/hsKkme
>>
>> Step 2 : Copy the ID's under *Checkouts*
>>
>> Example : 12926,39936
>>
>> Step 3 : Open Terminal Ctrl+Alt+T
>>
>> Step 4 : sudo su
>>
>> Step 5 : enter your login password
>>
>> Step 6 : mysql -u root -p
>>
>> Enter password:
>>
>> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
>> Your MySQL connection id is 39
>> Server version: 5.7.23-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 (Ubuntu)
>>
>> Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights
>> reserved.
>>
>> Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
>> affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
>> owners.
>>
>> Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
>> statement.
>>
>>
>> Step 7 : show databases;
>> +--------------------+
>> | Database           |
>> +--------------------+
>> | information_schema |
>> | koha_library       |
>> | mysql              |
>> | performance_schema |
>> | sys                |
>> +--------------------+
>> 5 rows in set (0.07 sec)
>>
>> Step 8 : mysql> use koha_library; [my database name: koha_library]
>> Reading table information for completion of table and column names
>> You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
>>
>> Step 9 : mysql> Select * from old_issues where issue_id IN (12926,39936);
>>
>> change the check out numbers as yours in that backet and type the above in
>> mysql cmd
>>
>> It Shows :
>>
>>
>> +----------------+------------+---------------------+------------+---------------------+-----------------+----------+------------+------------------+---------------------+---------------------+-----------------+------+----------+----------+
>> | borrowernumber | itemnumber | date_due            | branchcode |
>> returndate          | lastreneweddate | renewals | auto_renew |
>> auto_renew_error | timestamp           | issuedate           |
>> onsite_checkout | note | notedate | issue_id |
>>
>> +----------------+------------+---------------------+------------+---------------------+-----------------+----------+------------+------------------+---------------------+---------------------+-----------------+------+----------+----------+
>> |            471 |       3935 | 2015-08-07 23:59:00 | IIITDM     |
>> 2015-07-20 15:29:40 | NULL            |     NULL |          0 | NULL
>>
>> | 2015-07-20 15:29:40 | 2015-06-25 16:48:00 |               0 | NULL |
>> NULL
>> |    12926 |
>> |           1045 |      28993 | 2018-04-24 23:59:00 | IIITDM     |
>> 2018-03-12 20:53:50 | NULL            |     NULL |          0 | NULL
>>
>> | 2018-03-12 20:53:50 | 2018-03-12 20:53:37 |               0 | NULL |
>> NULL
>> |    39936 |
>>
>> +----------------+------------+---------------------+------------+---------------------+-----------------+----------+------------+------------------+---------------------+---------------------+-----------------+------+----------+----------+
>> 2 rows in set (0.02 sec)
>>
>> Step 10 : Delete from old_issues where issue_id IN (12926,39936);
>> Query OK, 2 rows affected (0.13 sec)
>>
>> Restart mysql
>>
>> Step 11 : mysql> sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart
>>
>>
>> See Image : https://ibb.co/eHMZCK
>>
>> Successfully we done dude.
>>
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> K.Prasanth M.L.I.Sc.,B.Sc.,C.L.I.Sc.,HDCHN.,PGDLAN
>> Library Trainee
>> Indian Institue of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing
>> Kancheepuram
>>
>> Contact : [hidden email]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Sent from: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-general-f3047918.html
>> _______________________________________________
>> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
>>
>
>
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha