Unable to Check-In Error

satishamv
Hi,

Running Koha 16.11.11 / Package Installation/ Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop with
MySQL.
(updating from previous versions as and when the new releases are made)

 "Unable to Check-In" message is displayed for few patrons when trying
perform checkin.
Can you please help me how to fix the issue.
Please find screenshots of the same here.
https://ibb.co/nHf0FG
https://ibb.co/mNHahw

Already did dbms auto increment fix as per URL
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix#The_solution

With Thanks

Satish MV
Librarian
Govt. Engineering College, Hassan
Karnataka.

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

Jonathan Druart
Hello,
Go to the about page, tab "Server information" for more info
Regards,
Jonathan

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 at 08:17 SATISH <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Running Koha 16.11.11 / Package Installation/ Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop with
> MySQL.
> (updating from previous versions as and when the new releases are made)
>
>  "Unable to Check-In" message is displayed for few patrons when trying
> perform checkin.
> Can you please help me how to fix the issue.
> Please find screenshots of the same here.
> https://ibb.co/nHf0FG
> https://ibb.co/mNHahw
>
> Already did dbms auto increment fix as per URL
> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix#The_solution
>
> With Thanks
>
> Satish MV
> Librarian
> Govt. Engineering College, Hassan
> Karnataka.

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

satishamv
About Koha Page,
https://ibb.co/b78sxw

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

Pedro Amorim
Satish,

The section you should be looking at is "System information" in the "About"
page and look for an entry regarding issues and old_issues.
If your problem is indeed related to the DBMS auto increment issue, take a
look at these discussions:

http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/DBMS-auto-increment-fix-td5954478.html
http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Salvaging-data-before-using-DBMS-auto-increment-fix-td5951803.html

The provided fix in the official documentation only prevents the problem
from happening in the future, it won't fix your already corrupted data.
You should manually delete the duplicated ID's from the old_issues table.
Needless to say, you should perform a database back-up beforehand.

GL,

Pedro Amorim

> About Koha Page,
> https://ibb.co/b78sxw

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

Sorry, it's tab "System information", not "Server information".
Not related, but you do not have memcached setup correctly.

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 at 02:29 SATISH <[hidden email]> wrote:

> About Koha Page,
> https://ibb.co/b78sxw

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

satishamv
Hi,

Please find the "System Information" screen capture here...
https://ibb.co/mt3SEb

since I have installed Koha from packages method, I am not clear about
memcached
setup.

I did an update to 16.05 during last week of Aug 2017. Whatever books
issued between last week of aug and first week of septer 2017, I am facing
problems now.
few months back I updated to 16.11.11 and other functionalities are working
fine.

I am facing problem in check-in for ....borrowernumber=522, that is not
listed in System Information Screen.

I have an access to mysql and Is there anyway, I could fix the old_issues
table without disturbing production system ?

with thanks
satish

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

Pedro Amorim
1) Copy the ID's under *Checkouts* from About Koha -> System Information

2) *Select * from old_issues where issue_id IN (<paste ID's here>)*
Confirm the listed rows are the ones you want to delete;

3) *Delete from old_issues where issue_id IN (<paste ID's here>);*

4) Check in items and be happy.

This should work.

Have a good one,

On 7 December 2017 at 05:27, SATISH <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please find the "System Information" screen capture here...
> https://ibb.co/mt3SEb
>
> since I have installed Koha from packages method, I am not clear about memcached
> setup.
>
> I did an update to 16.05 during last week of Aug 2017. Whatever books
> issued between last week of aug and first week of septer 2017, I am facing
> problems now.
> few months back I updated to 16.11.11 and other functionalities are
> working fine.
>
> I am facing problem in check-in for ....borrowernumber=522, that is not
> listed in System Information Screen.
>
> I have an access to mysql and Is there anyway, I could fix the old_issues
> table without disturbing production system ?
>
> with thanks
> satish

Re: Unable to Check-In Error

satishamv
yeah, it's worked! for me. thank you so much. I am able to check-in books
for the said borrower. it was really a good fix!

satish