Quantcast

UDC number not shown in the holding area on the OPAC

UDC number not shown in the holding area on the OPAC

Davian Cooper
I switched from DDC (082 tag) to UDC(080 tag) and reimported the records.
When it was DDC I could edit the record item, click in the item call number
and the call number would appear. Now when i edit the record it doesn't
appear nor is it shown in the holdings area on the OPAC. Is there a way to
get it in the table (call number section) so that the user can browse the
shelf?

Davian Cooper

Re: UDC number not shown in the holding area on the OPAC

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Davian,

take a look at the itemcallnumber system preference. It's used to
suggest a callnumber for your items from a marc field in the record and
is set to 082 by default.

Hope this helps,

Katrin