Thermal barcode printer

Yatheesh lis
Hi

Can anyone suggest Thermal barcode printer suitable for small library
i.e 15,000 books

Based on quality and easy to use.

--

Y.Yatheesh Babu
Hyderabad

Re: Thermal barcode printer

Andreas Roussos
Hi,

We are using the Zebra GK420t printer with the Ethernet interface
option. It is a thermal transfer printer that can also do direct
thermal printing. As we wanted our barcode and spine labels to be
of good quality and also stand the test of time, we did a bit of
experimenting and we now use the Zebra 5095 resin transfer ribbon
in black colour which produces very good results. As for media,
we use custom-made labels (50x25 mm, 2mm gap) in rolls of 1,000.
To print the labels we just open up a PDF file in Acrobat Reader
and send it to the printer. I work at a Library of approx. 30,000
books and we print a few hundred labels per month at most -- this
printer can handle much more I reckon.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Andreas Roussos

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 at 10:33, Yatheesh lis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can anyone suggest Thermal barcode printer suitable for small library
> i.e 15,000 books
>
> Based on quality and easy to use.
>

> --
>
> Y.Yatheesh Babu
> Hyderabad
> India

Re: Thermal barcode printer

BASIRU ADETOMIWA
You can also try Zebra GT800 printer.

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 3:52 PM Andreas Roussos <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using the Zebra GK420t printer with the Ethernet interface
> option. It is a thermal transfer printer that can also do direct
> thermal printing. As we wanted our barcode and spine labels to be
> of good quality and also stand the test of time, we did a bit of
> experimenting and we now use the Zebra 5095 resin transfer ribbon
> in black colour which produces very good results. As for media,
> we use custom-made labels (50x25 mm, 2mm gap) in rolls of 1,000.
> To print the labels we just open up a PDF file in Acrobat Reader
> and send it to the printer. I work at a Library of approx. 30,000
> books and we print a few hundred labels per month at most -- this
> printer can handle much more I reckon.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas Roussos
>
> On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 at 10:33, Yatheesh lis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Can anyone suggest Thermal barcode printer suitable for small library
> > i.e 15,000 books
> >
> > Based on quality and easy to use.
> >

> > --
> >
> > Y.Yatheesh Babu
> > Hyderabad
> > India

Adetomiwa Basiru (CLN),
Senior Librarian, Head Circulation Services and Automation Unit,
Tekena Tamuno Library, Redeemer's University (RUN),
P. M. B. 230, Ede Osun State. Nigeria.
Mobile:+234-8067098922, +234-7052367200 [hidden email]
https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1374-4979
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=uIJ1AMwAAAAJ&hl=en
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adetomiwa_Basiru
http://blog.inasp.info/raising-awareness-open-access-global-south/
https://goo.gl/SRkrHp
http://goo.gl/Vd9p3

*2019 Society for Scholarly Publishing* (SSP) Fellow  https://bit.ly/2KaDwKI
                https://bit.ly/34Pb9tf
2018 Young Investigators Award Recipient, Seattle, USA.
http://sageassembly.org/agenda/young-investigators-awards/

FORCE 2016 Fellow, Portland, USA
2015 NWILL Scholarship Award Winner, Portland, USA