Tag 082 subfields c and d are not linked

Tag 082 subfields c and d are not linked

Javed Sahil
Hi everyone,

I have implemented koha at our Institution. I want koha tag 082abcd to
display call number on OPAC and Staff Client.
 but 082 subfields a and b  are linked with 952$o

*and 082 subfields c and d are not linked with 952$o.*

how can these tags linked. help plz.

Koha shows only the text which I put in 082 field a and b, but what is in
field c and d is not shown.

I have changed 082ab to 082abcd in koha preferences itemcallnumber, but
still not working.

Javed Shoukat

Management Trainee Officer (MTO)
Lahore University of
Management Sciences (LUMS),
Lahore.

Contact #: +92 300 6548748 <+92%20300%206548748>
Email: [hidden email]

Re: Tag 082 subfields c and d are not linked

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Javed,

usually the callnumber in Koha is stored in the item record in 952$o.
The system preference itemcallnumber will fill 952$o to the field you
set up there when cataloguing a new item, but it won't create some kind
of link. It's more making a suggestion that you can then change and save.

Katrin

On 03.12.2017 12:49, Javed Sahil wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have implemented koha at our Institution. I want koha tag 082abcd to
> display call number on OPAC and Staff Client.
>   but 082 subfields a and b  are linked with 952$o
>
> *and 082 subfields c and d are not linked with 952$o.*
>
> how can these tags linked. help plz.
>
> Koha shows only the text which I put in 082 field a and b, but what is in
> field c and d is not shown.
>
> I have changed 082ab to 082abcd in koha preferences itemcallnumber, but
> still not working.

Re: Tag 082 subfields c and d are not linked

vikram zadgaonkar-2
Are you getting this issue of not displaying value when you import data or
while entering new biblio record manually?