String freeze for 3.6.0

Chris Cormack-7
Ok whanau

We have hit string freeze, what this means is now any patches that
change strings have to be considered quite heavily, because it will
make it harder for the translators.

Frédéric if you could make the .po files for 3.6 that would be
execllent.

Now, what is my plan from here, patches that are in signed off state,
that don't touch templates, can still go in provided the pass QA.

Ones that do change templates, if they are criticals or blockers, they
will still go in.

Features: My inclination is push any features that are signed off now,
or were submitted for sign off before the feature freeze, and that
pass qa.
My theory for this is, if they miss translation, that can be fixed by
3.6.1 which is only a month later. If they miss going into 3.6.0 they
need to wait for 3.8.0 which is 6 months.

If this sounds bad to anyone, please object, but that is the current
system I am working to

Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.
+64 4 803 2238

Re: String freeze for 3.6.0

Fischer, Katrin
+1 for including some features after string freeze.

Perhaps we can have another update to the po files on Pootle shortly before or after release. So people can finish translation and use the files directly from Pootle for generating their translated templates.

Katrin

Re: [Koha-translate] String freeze for 3.6.0

fredericd
Translation files for Koha 3.6 are now all available on:

   http://translate.koha-community.org

Dear translators, you're invited to start your (hard) work.

Thanks.
--
Frédéric DEMIANS
http://www.tamil.fr/u/fdemians.html