Sporadic warning about 245 field not being filled in

Sporadic warning about 245 field not being filled in

Kurt Bodling

Is this a known bug (or are we just a little buggy ourselves)?  Every so often – and I haven’t yet discerned a pattern – I import a record from OCLC, do a little local editing, and click my save record button only to see a warning message that reads:

Can't save this record because the following field aren't filled :

                * Field 245 is mandatory, at least one of its subfields must be filled.

All these imported records already have valid titles in the 245, naturally; and the only way around this seems to be to enter a blank space in one of the yet unused subfields in the 245.  Doing that will allow me to save the record.

If the imported record also already has something in the 245 $b, then I have to enter a blank space in the $c or $h … whatever subfield hasn’t already been used. Entering and deleting a blank space doesn’t work. Deleting the record and re-importing it doesn’t make a difference.

We’re on Koha 3.01.00.061 on a Linux server hosted by PTFS, with Zebra 2.0.34

Just wondering,

Kurt

Kurt A. Bodling

Technical Services Librarian

George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens

Mount Vernon, VA 22121

Re: Sporadic warning about 245 field not being filled in

Jane Wagner

I’ve verified the config on Kurt’s server and replicated the behavior.  I’ll open a bug report on it unless someone knows the answer – I didn’t find a bug that seemed relevant when I searched.

Jane Wagner

Library Systems Analyst

PTFS Inc.

6400 Goldsboro Road, Suite 200

Bethesda, MD  20817

(301) 654-8088 x 151

[hidden email]

Re: Sporadic warning about 245 field not being filled in

Chris Cormack-6

Hi All

If someone has time testing this against current master (3.01.132 off the top of my head would be most helpful. If I get a chance today I'll try that. But if someone beat me to it I wouldn't be sad.

Chris

On 7 May 2010 07:34, "Jane Wagner" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’ve verified the config on Kurt’s server and replicated the behavior.  I’ll open a bug report on it unless someone knows the answer – I didn’t find a bug that seemed relevant when I searched.

Jane Wagner

Library Systems Analyst

PTFS Inc.

6400 Goldsboro Road, Suite 200

Bethesda, MD  20817

(301) 654-8088 x 151

[hidden email]

Is this a known bug (or are we just a little buggy ourselves)?  Every so often – and I haven’t ...

Re: Sporadic warning about 245 field not being filled in

Kurt Bodling

If it helps, two of the bib records that showed this problem are:

OCLC record # 171388621 (“Printed books and manuscripts including Americana; the properties of a Connecticut collector…”), and

OCLC record # 475679516 (“Early American antiques, decorative arts, historic firearms…”).

Both happen to be auction catalogs in OCLC from the SCIPIO project, but other kinds of records have caused this in our catalog, too.

Thanks all!

Kurt