Software error

Peter Zhao
Hi,
  Could anyone fix this problem?
I use Koha-3.06.02 to install. After installation, everything works well.
I would like try use MARC21 and Unimarc in the same system. So I do like this "1.MARC Bibliographic framework
2.New Framework
3.import   Unimarc.sql".
After created the Unimarc Framework. The system doesn't work well anymore.

When I use opac to search,it shows:
Software error:

Can't call method "data" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Search.pm line 1488.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@ubuntu), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

It can't allow to Add MARC Record.

Software error:

Tag "" is not a valid tag. at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 2170

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@ubunt u), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

How to fix these problem? Do you have any idea to use MARC21 and Unimarc together?

Than you.
 Peter Zhao

Re: Software error

Robin Sheat-2
Op 02-01-12 19:14, Peter Zhao schreef:
> I would like try use MARC21 and Unimarc in the same system. So I do like
> this "1.MARC Bibliographic framework

I'm fairly sure that's a bad idea and not possible. The differences
between them (in terms of Koha internals) is a lot more than just the
MARC type. My natural instinct from the bit quoted would have to be "run
away screaming" :)

Probably not related to the error you're getting though.

Most likely you've got your system set to something (say, MARC21) and by
trying to add data in UNIMARC format you're missing out some required
fields, or they're being parsed in quite a different fashion, such that
it breaks.

Even if you fixed that in Koha (which would be a huuuuge job), you'd
still have to deal with the fact that Zebra would hate you forever.

Robin.

Re: Software error

BWS Johnson-2
Kia ora!

>>  I would like try use MARC21 and Unimarc in the same system. So I do like
>>  this "1.MARC Bibliographic framework
>
> I'm fairly sure that's a bad idea and not possible. The differences
> between them (in terms of Koha internals) is a lot more than just the
> MARC type. My natural instinct from the bit quoted would have to be "run
> away screaming" :)
>
> Probably not related to the error you're getting though.
>
> Most likely you've got your system set to something (say, MARC21) and by
> trying to add data in UNIMARC format you're missing out some required
> fields, or they're being parsed in quite a different fashion, such that
> it breaks.
>
> Even if you fixed that in Koha (which would be a huuuuge job), you'd
> still have to deal with the fact that Zebra would hate you forever.

    This was my initial reaction, too. Then I turned it over in my head a few times, and there are occasions where I could think having data in both MARC21 and Unimarc would be handy. Places in Europe, say for the UN, might want to have both with good reason. So this is proper thinking in terms of saving the time of the reader.
    I think the sticking point isn't at having both, but at having both try to occupy a single Koha at a single point in time. I wonder if one might work about the very nasty logical and bibliographic errors that are bound to result in executing this idea by having parallel Koha servers. One could be twiddled to have the parameters for MARC21, one could hold Unimarc. The tricky bit, perhaps, might be synching patron data and item data so that folks knew when summat was out. It would be important to have this element so that folks didn't have to consult 2 catalogues to get their information. 2 records related to a single item is challenging, but I don't think I would pigeon hole it as impossible. Highly improbable and difficult (read costly) to execute, definitely.
    From a cataloguing perspective, I'd imagine it might be useful someplace larger, so logistically, I can see having a Unimarc cataloguer and a MARC21 cataloguer and never the twain need meet. (Not that one couldn't do both of course.)

Cheers,
Brooke

Re: Software error

Tomas Cohen Arazi

I'd set two different Koha's and use vufind to replace the opac, and mix them both.

For the patrons, an ldap database.

Regards
To+

El 02/01/2012 10:59, "BWS Johnson" <[hidden email]> escribió:
Kia ora!

>>  I would like try use MARC21 and Unimarc in the same system. So I do like
>>  this "1.MARC Bibliographic framework
>
> I'm fairly sure that's a bad idea and not possible. The differences
> between them (in terms of Koha internals) is a lot more than just the
> MARC type. My natural instinct from the bit quoted would have to be "run
> away screaming" :)
>
> Probably not related to the error you're getting though.
>
> Most likely you've got your system set to something (say, MARC21) and by
> trying to add data in UNIMARC format you're missing out some required
> fields, or they're being parsed in quite a different fashion, such that
> it breaks.
>
> Even if you fixed that in Koha (which would be a huuuuge job), you'd
> still have to deal with the fact that Zebra would hate you forever.

    This was my initial reaction, too. Then I turned it over in my head a few times, and there are occasions where I could think having data in both MARC21 and Unimarc would be handy. Places in Europe, say for the UN, might want to have both with good reason. So this is proper thinking in terms of saving the time of the reader.
    I think the sticking point isn't at having both, but at having both try to occupy a single Koha at a single point in time. I wonder if one might work about the very nasty logical and bibliographic errors that are bound to result in executing this idea by having parallel Koha servers. One could be twiddled to have the parameters for MARC21, one could hold Unimarc. The tricky bit, perhaps, might be synching patron data and item data so that folks knew when summat was out. It would be important to have this element so that folks didn't have to consult 2 catalogues to get their information. 2 records related to a single item is challenging, but I don't think I would pigeon hole it as impossible. Highly improbable and difficult (read costly) to execute, definitely.
    From a cataloguing perspective, I'd imagine it might be useful someplace larger, so logistically, I can see having a Unimarc cataloguer and a MARC21 cataloguer and never the twain need meet. (Not that one couldn't do both of course.)

Cheers,
Brooke

Re: Software error

BWS Johnson-2
Kia ora!

>I'd set two different Koha's and use vufind to replace the opac, and mix them both.
>For the patrons, an ldap database.
>Regards
>To+

    Or perhaps XC. http://www.extensiblecatalog.org/software/drupaltoolkit/demo The demo for Kyushu is particularly appealing.

    This might be a help in addressing the original question, too.

http://www.loc.gov/marc/unimarctomarc21.html

Cheers,
Brooke