Software error: Biblionumber

Peter Feingundez
hi, i am a new koha-developer.

I have a problem with my koha system, but i can´t understand it.

I created one new MARC Framework changing some fields and one new item type for it.

When i try to add one new record using this framework, i get this :

Software error:

No biblionumber tag for framework "MTS" at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 3135.

What should i do?

Thx.

Re: Software error: Biblionumber

Mark Tompsett
Greetings,

In our QA system we are limping along with only 512MB of RAM. When we tried
to "create" a new framework by copying "BKS", we discovered that everything
was not copied. This was not a failure of Koha, because the same operation
worked on our Live system which has more RAM.

If by "created" you mean copied, then I would suggest some server-side MySQL
actions.
1) In this example, I create the empty VM framework via the staff client
interface.
2) I then run (as MySQL's root, so I have permissions to create a database):
        use koha_library;
        create table tmptmp select * from marc_subfield_structure as MSS
where MSS.frameworkcode='BKS';
        update tmptmp set frameworkcode='VM';
        insert into marc_subfield_structure select * from tmptmp;
        drop table tmptmp;
        quit;

This may or may not be your problem. You can confirm this with MySQL:
        use koha_library;
        select count(*) from marc_subfield_structure where
frameworkcode='BKS';
        select count(*) from marc_subfield_structure where
frameworkcode='VM';
        quit;
If the two numbers don't match, then your copy (from the Koha staff client
interface) failed. Delete the framework and try the above.

Just some of my thoughts. I'm sure someone else will comment if I am leading
you astray. :)

GPML,
Mark Tompsett

Re: Software error: Biblionumber

wildness
I had a similar error, but I don't think that's the issue.  Was this ever resolved?

biblio.biblionumber and biblioitems.biblioitemnumber fields

tommaso spazzali
Hello everybody,

I have another question.

I made a brand new and clean package installation on Ubuntu 14.04.5 Server

And now I have an empty Koha 16.05.02.000 UNIMARC

In order to use Italian translation I had to patch:

installer/data/mysql/it-IT/marcflavour/unimarc/necessari/unimarc_framework.sql

as Bernardo Krieger suggested some days ago in this list.

Now,

when I run the MARC Bibliographic framework test, I get the following error:

The biblio.biblionumber and biblioitems.biblioitemnumber fields be
mapped to a MARC subfield.

Checking "Links between Koha and MARC" I see that:

biblio.biblionumber maps  001 @ and
biblioitems.biblioitemnumber maps 090 a

sorry for bothering again but I mean to port to Koha more than 5.000
bibliographic records and copies from another database and I want to be
sure not to have misconfiguration since the beginning.

Thanks a lot for any help

tommaso

Re: Software error: Biblionumber

Jade
I have a similar error too. Please help me. How to do ?

Software error:

No biblionumber tag for framework "BKS" at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm
line 3013.

--
Sent from: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-general-f3047918.html

Re: Software error: Biblionumber

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Jade,

have you changed the frameworks that install with Koha? Some tags and
subfields are needed by Koha in order to work correctly. In MARC21 some
subfields in 999 should not be changed. For a first test you can take a
look if any errors appear if you open the MARC Bibliographic Framework
Test under Administration.

Hope this helps,

Katrin