Setting up branches in koha

Bernadette Cassidy

Hi,

I’m trying to set up a holding branch without success, items are listed as held in the Allan Bean Centre Library not the new location/branch

How have other libraries set up their branches?

When I checked system preferences I noted the following see below.  How can I rectify this?

Many thanks,

Bernadette

homebranch NOT mapped

the items.homebranch field MUST :

·  be mapped to a MARC subfield,

·  the corresponding subfield MUST have authorised value=branches

holdingbranch NOT mapped

the items.holdingbranch field MUST :

·  be mapped to a MARC subfield,

·  the corresponding subfield MUST have authorised value=branches

OK

biblionumber and biblioitemnumber mapped correctly

TOTAL

You have 4 error(s) in your MARC configuration. Please fix them before using koha

Bernadette Cassidy

Library Manager

Allan Bean Centre for Research and Learning in Rehabilitation

Private Bag 4708

Christchurch

Tel: (03) 383 9492

Fax (03) 383 7500

Email: [hidden email]

Re: Setting up branches in koha

Steven F.Baljkas
Wednesday, February 22, 2006     18:29 CST

Hi, Bernadette,

It sounds like the mapping errors your error message below describes are the result of (perhaps) incorrectly coded 952 fields.

Maybe take a look at that first before continuing on with other problem analysis.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers,
Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large
Koha neophyte
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

P.S. There will be a vast diversity in how different libraries have set up their different branches: it might help to focus your question a bit more specifically than that. A friendly observation.

From: "Bernadette Cassidy" <[hidden email]>
Date: 2006/02/22 Wed PM 03:50:14 CST
To: <[hidden email]>,  <[hidden email]>,
        "Rosalie Blake" <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Koha] Setting up branches in koha

[...]

Email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>