Self-Registering Patrons allowed to choose -any- patron category?

Self-Registering Patrons allowed to choose -any- patron category?

Alvin W.
I've activated Patron Self-Registration in the Koha library I support and
that seems to be working okay;

Except that on the self-registration screen, the new patron is allowed to
choose whatever patron category he wishes, including those that should be
staff or admin only.

I would prefer self-registered patrons be limited to the default patron
category and only be moved to an more appropriate category after staff
review.

Is there a setting that allows this?

thanks!

Re: Self-Registering Patrons allowed to choose -any- patron category?

Jonathan Druart
Hi Alvin,

Take a look PatronSelfRegistrationBorrowerUnwantedField.

Regards,
Jonathan

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 at 13:33 Alvin W. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've activated Patron Self-Registration in the Koha library I support and
> that seems to be working okay;
>
> Except that on the self-registration screen, the new patron is allowed to
> choose whatever patron category he wishes, including those that should be
> staff or admin only.
>
> I would prefer self-registered patrons be limited to the default patron
> category and only be moved to an more appropriate category after staff
> review.
>
> Is there a setting that allows this?
>
> thanks!

Re: Self-Registering Patrons allowed to choose -any- patron category?

Alvin W.
Thank you, that answered my question!

And I now have a clue about how to properly use the '-MandatoryField' and
'-UnwantedField' settings.

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 11:35 AM, Jonathan Druart <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Alvin,
>
> Take a look PatronSelfRegistrationBorrowerUnwantedField.
>
> Regards,
> Jonathan
>
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 at 13:33 Alvin W. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I've activated Patron Self-Registration in the Koha library I support and
>> that seems to be working okay;
>>
>> Except that on the self-registration screen, the new patron is allowed to
>> choose whatever patron category he wishes, including those that should be
>> staff or admin only.
>>
>> I would prefer self-registered patrons be limited to the default patron
>> category and only be moved to an more appropriate category after staff
>> review.
>>
>> Is there a setting that allows this?
>>
>> thanks!

Re: Self-Registering Patrons allowed to choose -any- patroncategory?

Mark Tompsett
Greetings,

> Except that on the self-registration screen, the new patron is allowed to
> choose whatever patron category he wishes, including those that should be
> staff or admin only.

It should also be noted that patron category has nothing to do with system
permissions. So fear not, if that is your concern.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett