Search by Title 245 subfields $a $b only

Search by Title 245 subfields $a $b only

Layale Bassil
Hello,

I need to know how can I edit the Zebra search in order to only search by subfields a and b when searching by title 245?

The search is currently searching other subfields like c and returning non-relevant results.

What files should I edit in this case?

Thank you in advance,
Regards.

Re: Search by Title 245 subfields $a $b only

Janusz Kaczmarek
Hi Layale,

Depending on what type of installation you have, you would probably have to edit /etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios/biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml and then transform it into biblio-zebra-indexdefs.xsl (or directly edit biblio-zebra-indexdefs.xsl).  But -- again, depending on the type of your installation -- be aware of possible problems with upcoming updates.

Good luck!

Janusz

Re: Search by Title 245 subfields $a $b only

Layale Bassil
Hello,

I know it is an old question but I am facing a similar issue. I need to exclude only the 780$t and 785$t. which means when I specify title in the drop down search by, I don’t want the search to look into 780$t and 785$t however I want the search to search by 780$t and 785$t when I select search by keywords.

How should I edit biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml file to apply this condition?

Thank you in advance,
Reagrds.

Depending on what type of installation you have, you would probably have to edit /etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios/biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml and then transform it into biblio-zebra-indexdefs.xsl (or directly edit biblio-zebra-indexdefs.xsl).  But -- again, depending on the type of your installation -- be aware of possible problems with upcoming updates.

Good luck!

Janusz

Re: Search by Title 245 subfields $a $b only

Pedro Amorim
Hello Layale,

I just noticed my reply was for you only a couple weeks ago and you
acknowledged it to myself only as well. I'm re-posting for the sake of
context:
You told me you're running 3.14 and won't update in the near future, in
that care it probably won't help you what I posted because of the following
documentation:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/How_to_add_new_zebra_index

Where there is a different method up to version 3.16.
You should be tweaking with the record.abs file in the same directory (
/etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios). It's not xml, but it's not
rocket science either.

If you run the following command on the terminal:
*# cat -n /etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios/record.abs | grep
"780"*

You'll get something like:

*   248 melm 780$t      Title*
*   249 melm 780$w      Record-control-number*
*   250 melm 780        Title,Title:p,Title-former,Related-periodical*

Try removing the corresponding line where the 780$t is defined, and perform
a full reindex of zebra before you try testing any search.
Repeat for other fields you might need to tweak.

Best of luck,

Pedro Amorim

Repost of original reply:
----

Hello Layale,

What version of Koha are you using? Packages install?

If on recent package install (>=3.20), I think you're seeing this behaviour
because of the following lines in
*/etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios/biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml
:*

   413   <index_data_field tag="245">
   414     <target_index>Title:w</target_index>
   415     <target_index>Title:p</target_index>
   416   </index_data_field>

That is indexing the whole 245 field to the Title:w(word) and
Title:p(phrase) search indexes.

1) Jump to dir */etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios*
2) Remove those lines from the file (using vi/vim);
3) Run *xsltproc /etc/koha/zebradb/xsl/koha-indexdefs-to-zebra.xsl
biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml > biblio-zebra-indexdefs.xsl*
4) Reindex zebra with *koha-rebuild-zebra -f -v <instancename>*

There are a ton of fields and subfields mapping to Title:w and Title:p
though and you might need to further tweak the indexes.

I haven't tested this though, this is just based on my past (UNIMARC)
experience on tuning advanced search indexes.

Good luck!

-----