SRU client

Marcel de Rooy

Hi,

Since Zebra server supports both Z3950 as well as SRU functionality, my question is: Will a future version of Koha soon incorporate SRU functionality also as a client, just as it already does for Z3950 search?

In other words: When can I search SRU server targets from within the Koha interface too?

I did (unfortunately) not find anything in this direction yet on the developer wiki.

Regards,

Marcel de Rooy

Re: SRU client

Galen Charlton
Administrator
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 7:50 AM, Marcel de Rooy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Since Zebra server supports both Z3950 as well as SRU functionality, my
> question is: Will a future version of Koha soon incorporate SRU
> functionality also as a client, just as it already does for Z3950 search?
>
> In other words: When can I search SRU server targets from within the Koha
> interface too?

Interesting idea.  There appears to be SRU support in the ZOOM Perl
module, to say nothing of the SRU::Request module, so it shouldn't be
too hard to do this for 3.2.

Could you send an example of an SRU target that is *not* accessible via Z39.50?

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Koha Application Developer

Re: SRU client

Marcel de Rooy
Just two *interesting* examples from the Netherlands.

Rijksmuseum: srw.rijksmuseum.nl
Koninklijke Bibliotheek: www.kb.nl/cgi-zoek/sru.pl

Regards,

Marcel de Rooy