SRU authentication error

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SRU authentication error

aurusa
Hello everyone,
I am new to this ground, so even if its a noob question please bear with me. I was trying to test the sru feature of koha but when i try to grab a result through the url, the xml file that's being generated, returns authentication error.

I passed something like this:

http://aunideb:9999/biblios?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&query=java&maximumRecords=5

and the return result is this:

<zs:searchRetrieveResponse><zs:version>1.1</zs:version><zs:diagnostics><diag:diagnostic><diag:uri>info:srw/diagnostic/1/3</diag:uri><diag:message>Authentication error</diag:message></diag:diagnostic></zs:diagnostics></zs:searchRetrieveResponse>

Will greatly appreciate if someone can point out what i am missing.

Thankx
Auninda

_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SRU authentication error

Henri-Damien LAURENT
Le 30/09/2011 07:35, Auninda Rumy Saleque a écrit :

> Hello everyone,
> I am new to this ground, so even if its a noob question please bear with
> me. I was trying to test the sru feature of koha but when i try to grab
> a result through the url, the xml file that's being generated, returns
> authentication error.
>
> I passed something like this:
>
> http://aunideb:9999/biblios?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&query=java&maximumRecords=5
> <http://aunideb:9999/biblios?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&query=java&maximumRecords=5>
>
> and the return result is this:
>
> <zs:searchRetrieveResponse><zs:version>1.1</zs:version><zs:diagnostics><diag:diagnostic><diag:uri>info:srw/diagnostic/1/3</diag:uri><diag:message>Authentication
> error</diag:message></diag:diagnostic></zs:diagnostics></zs:searchRetrieveResponse>
>
> Will greatly appreciate if someone can point out what i am missing.
>
> Thankx
> Auninda
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
take a look there :
http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/
you will find how to use the authentication.
the authentication is the zebra user and password.
But maybe you have a problem in your zebra configuration file.
It should not ask for authentication for non logged user.
In your zebra-biblios.cfg, you should have :
perm.anonymous:ar
perm.__ZEBRA_USER__:rw
your query works on one of my test server.
http://descartes.biblibre.com:9998/biblios?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&query=java&maximumRecords=5
Hope that helps.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT
BibLibre
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SRU authentication error

aurusa
Thankx for the reply Laurent. Just so you mentioned, i do remember now that i restricted anonymous access to zebra server. i totally forgot that. well is there any way to hold the security and somehow pass user name and password to the sru link to grab data?

Thankx again
Auninda

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 4:39 PM, LAURENT Henri-Damien <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 30/09/2011 07:35, Auninda Rumy Saleque a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
> I am new to this ground, so even if its a noob question please bear with
> me. I was trying to test the sru feature of koha but when i try to grab
> a result through the url, the xml file that's being generated, returns
> authentication error.
>
> I passed something like this:
>
> http://aunideb:9999/biblios?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&query=java&maximumRecords=5
> <http://aunideb:9999/biblios?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&query=java&maximumRecords=5>
>
> and the return result is this:
>
> <zs:searchRetrieveResponse><zs:version>1.1</zs:version><zs:diagnostics><diag:diagnostic><diag:uri>info:srw/diagnostic/1/3</diag:uri><diag:message>Authentication
> error</diag:message></diag:diagnostic></zs:diagnostics></zs:searchRetrieveResponse>
>
> Will greatly appreciate if someone can point out what i am missing.
>
> Thankx
> Auninda
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha
take a look there :
http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/
you will find how to use the authentication.
the authentication is the zebra user and password.
But maybe you have a problem in your zebra configuration file.
It should not ask for authentication for non logged user.
In your zebra-biblios.cfg, you should have :
perm.anonymous:ar
perm.__ZEBRA_USER__:rw
your query works on one of my test server.
http://descartes.biblibre.com:9998/biblios?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&query=java&maximumRecords=5
Hope that helps.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT
BibLibre
_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha


_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list  http://koha-community.org
[hidden email]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha