Round the World Koha Speaking Tour

Joann Ransom-5
Hi everyone,

I have a few months available and am planning a round the world speaking
tour starting late  August this year – so really soon!

I would love to visit as many countries as I can with strong Koha presences
and I am looking for partners to help make this a viable proposition.

What I am seeking your help with is libraries, vendors or individuals who
would be willing to ‘host’ me ie accommodation, domestic travel, a bit of
hospitality. I don’t need posh – happy to homestay J In exchange I would
love to speak on Koha origins, Koha community or Te Takere (which is a
truly awesome public library / community centre I have developed over the
last 4 years) and / or mix and mingle in gatherings. I’m basically happy to
sing for my supper in any way that is required J.

My draft itinerary is set out below and if anyone is able to help make this
happen personally or by passing this email on to someone who can help that
would be awesome. I’m so excited at the thought of meeting many of you in
this great global Koha family that we have created.

Many thanks

Jo.

Draft itinerary:

(I need to travel in one direction around the globe)

Philippines, Malaysia, India, Turkey, Greece, France, Germany, Austria,
Czech Republic, Sweden, Norway, UK, Ireland, USA, Colombia, Chile,
Argentina.

*Joann Ransom*

*Chief Executive Officer*

*DDI* 06 366 0841  |  *Mobile* 027 320 6923

[hidden email]

*Ph.* 06 368 1953

*www.tetakere.org.nz* <http://www.tetakere.org.nz/>

Chief Executive
Te Horowhenua Trust.

Re: Round the World Koha Speaking Tour

vikram zadgaonkar-2
Hi Joann,
Let me know your tentative travel plan to India.
On 26-Jun-2016 2:51 PM, "Joann Ransom" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I have a few months available and am planning a round the world speaking
> tour starting late  August this year – so really soon!
>

> I would love to visit as many countries as I can with strong Koha presences
> and I am looking for partners to help make this a viable proposition.
>

> What I am seeking your help with is libraries, vendors or individuals who
> would be willing to ‘host’ me ie accommodation, domestic travel, a bit of
> hospitality. I don’t need posh – happy to homestay J In exchange I would
> love to speak on Koha origins, Koha community or Te Takere (which is a
> truly awesome public library / community centre I have developed over the
> last 4 years) and / or mix and mingle in gatherings. I’m basically happy to
> sing for my supper in any way that is required J.
>

> My draft itinerary is set out below and if anyone is able to help make this
> happen personally or by passing this email on to someone who can help that
> would be awesome. I’m so excited at the thought of meeting many of you in
> this great global Koha family that we have created.
>

> Many thanks
>

> Jo.
>

> Draft itinerary:
>

> (I need to travel in one direction around the globe)
>

> Philippines, Malaysia, India, Turkey, Greece, France, Germany, Austria,
> Czech Republic, Sweden, Norway, UK, Ireland, USA, Colombia, Chile,
> Argentina.
>

> *Joann Ransom*
>
> *Chief Executive Officer*
>

> *DDI* 06 366 0841  |  *Mobile* 027 320 6923
>
> [hidden email]
>

> *Ph.* 06 368 1953
>
> *www.tetakere.org.nz* <http://www.tetakere.org.nz/>
>

> Chief Executive
> Te Horowhenua Trust.

Re: Round the World Koha Speaking Tour

Joann Ransom-4
Hi Vikram

I'm looking at the first week on September give or take a few days and depending on whether I can organise anything for Malaysia and the Philipines.

Kind regards

Jo

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Let me know your tentative travel plan to India.
On 26-Jun-2016 2:51 PM, "Joann Ransom" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I have a few months available and am planning a round the world speaking
> tour starting late  August this year – so really soon!
>

> I would love to visit as many countries as I can with strong Koha presences
> and I am looking for partners to help make this a viable proposition.
>

> What I am seeking your help with is libraries, vendors or individuals who
> would be willing to ‘host’ me ie accommodation, domestic travel, a bit of
> hospitality. I don’t need posh – happy to homestay J In exchange I would
> love to speak on Koha origins, Koha community or Te Takere (which is a
> truly awesome public library / community centre I have developed over the
> last 4 years) and / or mix and mingle in gatherings. I’m basically happy to
> sing for my supper in any way that is required J.
>

> My draft itinerary is set out below and if anyone is able to help make this
> happen personally or by passing this email on to someone who can help that
> would be awesome. I’m so excited at the thought of meeting many of you in
> this great global Koha family that we have created.
>

> Many thanks
>

> Jo.
>

> Draft itinerary:
>

> (I need to travel in one direction around the globe)
>

> Philippines, Malaysia, India, Turkey, Greece, France, Germany, Austria,
> Czech Republic, Sweden, Norway, UK, Ireland, USA, Colombia, Chile,
> Argentina.
>

> *Joann Ransom*
>
> *Chief Executive Officer*
>

> *DDI* 06 366 0841  |  *Mobile* 027 320 6923
>
> [hidden email]
>

> *Ph.* 06 368 1953
>
> *www.tetakere.org.nz* <http://www.tetakere.org.nz/>
>

> Chief Executive
> Te Horowhenua Trust.
This e-mail message and any attached files may contain confidential information, and
may be subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete. Unless formally stated, this e-mail and any attachments do not
necessarily reflect the views of the the The Horowhenua Trust.

The Horowhenua Trust takes extensive precautions with the aim of detecting and removing any
virus or defects from its e-mail system but accepts no liability for loss or damage
should this e-mail not be virus or defect free or should there be any errors in
transmission.

Re: Round the World Koha Speaking Tour

Smilauer

Hi Joann,

I would be glad to arrange your stay in Prague, Czechia. I hope we will be
able to manage some excursion in libraries, which use Koha. A presentation
from your side will be appreciated. Let me know more precise your itinerary
as you will know it.

Best regards

Bohdan Smilauer

librarian Vsenory

252 31 Vsenory

Czechia

EU

http://koha2.knihovnavsenory.cz/

http://katalog.vsenory.cz/Opac2/index.php

http://www.koha-community.cz

Re: Round the World Koha Speaking Tour

Mike D.
Hi Joann,
Whole Czech Koha community together will be proud participate on Your
visit. We hope that we can prepare meeting with our developers and
libraries which use Koha. Please let know more details about plan.
Especially about date of visit.

Mike Denar
Www.koha.cz
Czech Republic

ne 26. 6. 2016 v 11:21 odesílatel Joann Ransom <[hidden email]>
napsal:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I have a few months available and am planning a round the world speaking
> tour starting late  August this year – so really soon!
>

> I would love to visit as many countries as I can with strong Koha presences
> and I am looking for partners to help make this a viable proposition.
>

> What I am seeking your help with is libraries, vendors or individuals who
> would be willing to ‘host’ me ie accommodation, domestic travel, a bit of
> hospitality. I don’t need posh – happy to homestay J In exchange I would
> love to speak on Koha origins, Koha community or Te Takere (which is a
> truly awesome public library / community centre I have developed over the
> last 4 years) and / or mix and mingle in gatherings. I’m basically happy to
> sing for my supper in any way that is required J.
>

> My draft itinerary is set out below and if anyone is able to help make this
> happen personally or by passing this email on to someone who can help that
> would be awesome. I’m so excited at the thought of meeting many of you in
> this great global Koha family that we have created.
>

> Many thanks
>

> Jo.
>

> Draft itinerary:
>

> (I need to travel in one direction around the globe)
>

> Philippines, Malaysia, India, Turkey, Greece, France, Germany, Austria,
> Czech Republic, Sweden, Norway, UK, Ireland, USA, Colombia, Chile,
> Argentina.
>

> *Joann Ransom*
>
> *Chief Executive Officer*
>

> *DDI* 06 366 0841  |  *Mobile* 027 320 6923
>
> [hidden email]
>

> *Ph.* 06 368 1953
>
> *www.tetakere.org.nz* <http://www.tetakere.org.nz/>
>

> Chief Executive
> Te Horowhenua Trust.

Re: Round the World Koha Speaking Tour

schnydszch
If Philippines will win the the 2017 KohaCon bid then that will be very much possible. ;) I'll inform the National Library regarding this. Cheers!

Re: Round the World Koha Speaking Tour

Christopher Davis-2
Jo,

When do you plan on traveling in the U.S.A.? There are a number of
Koha libraries (both community Koha, and LibLime Koha) around my
region who probably would be interested in a little conference like
this.

Thank you,

Christopher Davis, MLS
Systems & E-Services Librarian