Restoring OPAC - Help

satishamv
Hi,

With Koha 16.11.11 / Package Installation/ Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop with
MySQL -  mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.57

Took mysqldump and moved koha database from server  A to server B

Did db-schema upgrade, rebuild zebra index

But, I am not able to find OPAC pages server B.

Is there any specific files to be restored??

Your answers would help me in restoring OPAC.

Thank You
Satish MV
Librarian
Govt. Engineering College, Hassan.
Karnataka.

Re: Restoring OPAC - Help

Indranil Das Gupta
Just a hunch: did you move pages.pl and pages.tt?

Regards
IDG

On Fri 23 Mar, 2018, 11:01 PM SATISH, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With Koha 16.11.11 / Package Installation/ Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop with
> MySQL -  mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.57
>
> Took mysqldump and moved koha database from server  A to server B
>
> Did db-schema upgrade, rebuild zebra index
>
> But, I am not able to find OPAC pages server B.
>
> Is there any specific files to be restored??
>
> Your answers would help me in restoring OPAC.
>
> Thank You
> Satish MV
> Librarian
> Govt. Engineering College, Hassan.
> Karnataka.

Re: Restoring OPAC - Help

satishamv
Hi Indranil, thank you for the reply.

I am able to restore OPAC additional pages after
migration of mysqldump from System 1 to System2.
--
Copied following two files from System1 to System2
1) pages.pl to --> /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac and did

2) pages.tt  to -->
/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/en/modules
changed ownership to root.

chown root.root pages.pl
chown root.root pages.tt

and added following line (In System2) -- /etc/koha/apache-shared.conf
ScriptAlias /pages.pl "/usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/pages.pl"

and did an apache restart with /etc/init.d/apache2 restart.

OPAC additional pages are restored from system1 to system2.

With thanks

*Satish MV*
Librarian - Govt. Engineering College
Opp. Dairy Circle, B.M.Road, Hassan 573 201
Karnataka, INDIA
Mobile: +91 9449765737
Personal Email: [hidden email]
College Website: www. <http://www.git.edu/>gechassan.ac.in
Library OPAC: http://library.gechassan.ac.in

Re: Restoring OPAC - Help

satishamv
Hi,
After migration from 16.11 to 18.05, I am not finding, any email notices
sent for books transactions in "Notices" tab of Patron's page.
It's is empty and showing : There is no record of any messages that have
been sent to this patron.
Which file to be restored for getting back the notices log.

With Thanks
Satish

Re: Restoring OPAC - Help

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Satish,

the notices tab draws its data from the messagequeue table. Is it
possible that you emptied it for some reason?

Hope this helps,

Katrin

On 22.05.19 07:36, SATISH wrote:

> Hi,
> After migration from 16.11 to 18.05, I am not finding, any email notices
> sent for books transactions in "Notices" tab of Patron's page.
> It's is empty and showing : There is no record of any messages that have
> been sent to this patron.
> Which file to be restored for getting back the notices log.
>
> With Thanks
> Satish

Re: Restoring OPAC - Help

satishamv
Hi Katrin,

I have taken  (1) mysql dump and (2) customized opac templates backup from
Koha 16.11 where postfix MTA was used for email alerts
and restored the said files to Koha 18.05 on Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop and
Posftix is not installed.
Apart from this, I have not made any changes.
Is there any other files to be taken backup for migrations?

with thanks.
Satish

Re: Restoring OPAC - Help

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Satish,

I am sorry, I have no other idea why your notices might have been lost.
We've never seen this on updates or when moving databases to another
server. Notices sent should be part of your database backup - maybe
check if they were already missing from your dump.

Katrin