Reminder: Internet broadcast of Koha-US

Christopher Davis-2
Dear Colleagues,

I am excited about the Koha-US conference beginning tomorrow morning. For
those of us who cannot make it up to Coeur d'Alene to attend this
conference in person, don't worry...the conference can come to you. Look
for the "Broadcast" hyperlinks on the webpage found at
http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference. Please note that
since there are two concurrent sessions during each time slot, you will
need to select one of the two "Broadcast" links (one for the Community Room
and one for the Story Room). There is a limited number of seats open for
these broadcasts, so connect early before the seats are taken.

Please feel free to contact me with your related comments and/or questions.

All the best,

Christopher Davis
Secretary, Koha-US

Re: Reminder: Internet broadcast of Koha-US

Lennon Mazonde
Hi Christopher,

I tried joining the meetings but couldn't connect. Are there any
recordings of the events, and will they be made public at some point?

Regards,

Lennon Mazonde

On 08/08/2017 21:57, Christopher Davis wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I am excited about the Koha-US conference beginning tomorrow morning. For
> those of us who cannot make it up to Coeur d'Alene to attend this
> conference in person, don't worry...the conference can come to you. Look
> for the "Broadcast" hyperlinks on the webpage found at
> http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference. Please note that
> since there are two concurrent sessions during each time slot, you will
> need to select one of the two "Broadcast" links (one for the Community Room
> and one for the Story Room). There is a limited number of seats open for
> these broadcasts, so connect early before the seats are taken.
>
> Please feel free to contact me with your related comments and/or questions.
>
> All the best,
>
> Christopher Davis
> Secretary, Koha-US

Re: Reminder: Internet broadcast of Koha-US

Christopher Davis-2
Lennon,

Thank you for your message. Try again to connecting again- it should be
working now.

Cordially,

Christopher Davis
Systems & E-Services Librarian
Uintah County Library
[hidden email]
(435) 789-0091 <14357890091> ext.261
uintahlibrary.org
basinlibraries.org
facebook.com/uintahcountylibrary
instagram.com/uintahcountylibrary

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Lennon Mazonde <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Christopher,
>
> I tried joining the meetings but couldn't connect. Are there any
> recordings of the events, and will they be made public at some point?
>
> Regards,
>
> Lennon Mazonde
>

> On 08/08/2017 21:57, Christopher Davis wrote:
>
>> Dear Colleagues,
>>
>> I am excited about the Koha-US conference beginning tomorrow morning. For
>> those of us who cannot make it up to Coeur d'Alene to attend this
>> conference in person, don't worry...the conference can come to you. Look
>> for the "Broadcast" hyperlinks on the webpage found at
>> http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference. Please note that
>> since there are two concurrent sessions during each time slot, you will
>> need to select one of the two "Broadcast" links (one for the Community
>> Room
>> and one for the Story Room). There is a limited number of seats open for
>> these broadcasts, so connect early before the seats are taken.
>>
>> Please feel free to contact me with your related comments and/or
>> questions.
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> Christopher Davis
>> Secretary, Koha-US

Re: Reminder: Internet broadcast of Koha-US

Michael Kuhn
Hi Christopher

On 8 August you wrote:

>>> I am excited about the Koha-US conference beginning tomorrow morning. For
>>> those of us who cannot make it up to Coeur d'Alene to attend this
>>> conference in person, don't worry...the conference can come to you. Look
>>> for the "Broadcast" hyperlinks on the webpage found at
>>> http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference. Please note that
>>> since there are two concurrent sessions during each time slot, you will
>>> need to select one of the two "Broadcast" links (one for the Community
>>> Room
>>> and one for the Story Room). There is a limited number of seats open for
>>> these broadcasts, so connect early before the seats are taken.
>>>
>>> Please feel free to contact me with your related comments and/or
>>> questions.

Now at the second day of the 2017 Koha US Conference the URL
http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference is not accessible
("Forbidden. You don't have permission etc etc"), so it's neither
posible to see the program or even click one of the Broadcast-Links...

Best wishes: Michael
T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E [hidden email] · W www.adminkuhn.ch

Re: Reminder: Internet broadcast of Koha-US

Christopher Davis-2
Michael,

Thank you for notifying me about the problem with the Koha-US conference
website. I apologize for the inconvenience and it should be working now.

Christopher Davis
​Secretary, Koha-US
[hidden email]

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Michael Kuhn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Christopher
>
> On 8 August you wrote:
>

> I am excited about the Koha-US conference beginning tomorrow morning. For

> Now at the second day of the 2017 Koha US Conference the URL
> http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference is not accessible
> ("Forbidden. You don't have permission etc etc"), so it's neither posible
> to see the program or even click one of the Broadcast-Links...
>
> Best wishes: Michael
> --
> Geschäftsführer · Diplombibliothekar BBS, Informatiker eidg. Fachausweis
> Admin Kuhn GmbH · Pappelstrasse 20 · 4123 Allschwil · Schweiz
> T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E [hidden email] · W www.adminkuhn.ch

Re: Reminder: Internet broadcast of Koha-US

Irma Birchall
No problem for me Michael.
Perhaps try the link again now.

Cheers,
Irma
https://calyx.net.au

On 11 August 2017 at 02:29, Michael Kuhn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Christopher
>
> On 8 August you wrote:
>

> I am excited about the Koha-US conference beginning tomorrow morning. For

> Now at the second day of the 2017 Koha US Conference the URL
> http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference is not accessible
> ("Forbidden. You don't have permission etc etc"), so it's neither posible
> to see the program or even click one of the Broadcast-Links...
>
> Best wishes: Michael
> --
> Geschäftsführer · Diplombibliothekar BBS, Informatiker eidg. Fachausweis
> Admin Kuhn GmbH · Pappelstrasse 20 · 4123 Allschwil · Schweiz
> T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E [hidden email] · W www.adminkuhn.ch

Re: Reminder: Internet broadcast of Koha-US

Lennon Mazonde
Hi Christopher,

Thanks, i was able to view a number of the sessions yesterday.

Regards,

Lennon

Yesterday you wrote:

> Thank you for notifying me about the problem with the Koha-US conference
> website. I apologize for the inconvenience and it should be working now.

Today I tried again. Unfortunately the page "koha-us.net" is still not
working as expected.

When trying to access
http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference I still get the
following message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
on this server.
Apache/2.4 Server at koha-us.net Port 80

This is the answer of the SERVER at "koha-us.net" and I wouldn't know
what I could change on my side. I tried this with webbrowsers Mozilla
Firefox, Opera and Chromium. NONE of these can access your site.

Using wget it says the same:

$ wget http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
--2017-08-11 12:28:11--
http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
Resolving koha-us.net (koha-us.net)... 184.106.55.122
Connecting to koha-us.net (koha-us.net)|184.106.55.122|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2017-08-11 12:28:12 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

I tried this from my local workplace as well as from a host in the
internet with a completely different IP address.

The only way I can access
http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference is using the Tor
browser.

Unfortunately there are no broadcasts today. But yesterday it was
absolutely no problem to access for example
https://kslib.zoom.us/j/771614521 (of course "kslib.zoom.us" is not
"koha-us.net").

This is just for your information. But I think I was not the only one
experiencing this problem.

Best wishes: Michael
T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E [hidden email] · W www.adminkuhn.ch

Re: Reminder: Internet broadcast of Koha-US

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Michael,

I just checked - the website appears accessible from here.

Katrin

On 11.08.2017 12:29, Michael Kuhn wrote:

> Hi Christopher
>
> Yesterday you wrote:
>

>> Thank you for notifying me about the problem with the Koha-US
>> conference website. I apologize for the inconvenience and it should
>> be working now.
>
> Today I tried again. Unfortunately the page "koha-us.net" is still not
> working as expected.
>
> When trying to access
> http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference I still get the
> following message:
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
> on this server.
> Apache/2.4 Server at koha-us.net Port 80
>
> This is the answer of the SERVER at "koha-us.net" and I wouldn't know
> what I could change on my side. I tried this with webbrowsers Mozilla
> Firefox, Opera and Chromium. NONE of these can access your site.
>
> Using wget it says the same:
>
> $ wget http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
> --2017-08-11 12:28:11--
> http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
> Resolving koha-us.net (koha-us.net)... 184.106.55.122
> Connecting to koha-us.net (koha-us.net)|184.106.55.122|:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
> 2017-08-11 12:28:12 ERROR 403: Forbidden.
>
> I tried this from my local workplace as well as from a host in the
> internet with a completely different IP address.
>
> The only way I can access
> http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference is using the Tor
> browser.
>
> Unfortunately there are no broadcasts today. But yesterday it was
> absolutely no problem to access for example
> https://kslib.zoom.us/j/771614521 (of course "kslib.zoom.us" is not
> "koha-us.net").
>
> This is just for your information. But I think I was not the only one
> experiencing this problem.
>
> Best wishes: Michael

Re: Reminder: Internet broadcast of Koha-US

Michael Kuhn
Hi Katrin

> I just checked - the website appears accessible from here.

Like I said - I can also ACCESS the website
http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference - but the SERVER
koha-us.net blocks me, forbidding me to see the content of the pages,
showing me this message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
on this server.
Apache/2.4 Server at koha-us.net Port 80

Seems like some IP addresses are blocked (forbidden), I don't know why.
I tried this from these IP addresses: 178.238.175.156 and 79.143.185.37
- with wget they are both saying:

$ wget http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
--2017-08-11 13:24:26--
http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
Resolving koha-us.net (koha-us.net)... 184.106.55.122
Connecting to koha-us.net (koha-us.net)|184.106.55.122|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2017-08-11 13:24:26 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

To me it does not seem like I could change anything on my side. Is maybe
the NSA blocking me, or "the Russians"?! Чёрт возьми́!

It works with the Tor browser. And with wget it also works from the
address 5.189.159.76:

$ wget http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
converted 'http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference'
(ANSI_X3.4-1968) ->
'http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference' (UTF-8)
--2017-08-11 13:27:20--
http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
Resolving koha-us.net (koha-us.net)... 184.106.55.122
Connecting to koha-us.net (koha-us.net)|184.106.55.122|:80... connected.
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: '2017_Koha-US_Conference'

2017_Koha-US_Confer     [ <=>                  ]  35.63K  --.-KB/s   in
0.1s

2017-08-11 13:27:21 (311 KB/s) - '2017_Koha-US_Conference' saved [36481]

I have never experienced something like this before.

Best wishes: Michael
T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E [hidden email] · W www.adminkuhn.ch

Re: Reminder: Internet broadcast of Koha-US

Robin Hastings
Ah! Now I think I know - I have a bunch of library Wordpress sites on that
server that are *constantly* being attacked and I block any IPs that have
previously attacked us at the server level. You must have an IP that had
previously been used in an attack. If I get a couple of attacks from the
same range, I block the whole range, especially if they are non-US, since
most of our sites are local libraries that aren't generally accessed
outside of the US. I didn't connect the two until Michael mentioned the IPs
being blocked. I'm sorry I didn't pick up on that earlier, I could have
opened a hole into the server for affected IPs!! We did record many of the
sessions and should have them up (on the wiki you weren't able to access -
I'll unblock the addresses you listed in the message above so that you can
access the resources.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 4:30 AM Michael Kuhn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Katrin
>

> > I just checked - the website appears accessible from here.
>
> Like I said - I can also ACCESS the website
> http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference - but the SERVER
> koha-us.net blocks me, forbidding me to see the content of the pages,
> showing me this message:
>

> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
> on this server.
> Apache/2.4 Server at koha-us.net Port 80
>

> Seems like some IP addresses are blocked (forbidden), I don't know why.
> I tried this from these IP addresses: 178.238.175.156 and 79.143.185.37
> - with wget they are both saying:
>

> $ wget http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
> --2017-08-11 13:24:26--
> http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
> Resolving koha-us.net (koha-us.net)... 184.106.55.122
> Connecting to koha-us.net (koha-us.net)|184.106.55.122|:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
> 2017-08-11 13:24:26 ERROR 403: Forbidden.
>

> To me it does not seem like I could change anything on my side. Is maybe
> the NSA blocking me, or "the Russians"?! Чёрт возьми́!
>
> It works with the Tor browser. And with wget it also works from the
> address 5.189.159.76:
>

> $ wget http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
> converted 'http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference'
> (ANSI_X3.4-1968) ->
> 'http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference' (UTF-8)
> --2017-08-11 13:27:20--
> http://koha-us.net/index.php/2017_Koha-US_Conference
> Resolving koha-us.net (koha-us.net)... 184.106.55.122
> Connecting to koha-us.net (koha-us.net)|184.106.55.122|:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
> Length: unspecified [text/html]
> Saving to: '2017_Koha-US_Conference'
>
> 2017_Koha-US_Confer     [ <=>                  ]  35.63K  --.-KB/s   in
> 0.1s
>
> 2017-08-11 13:27:21 (311 KB/s) - '2017_Koha-US_Conference' saved [36481]
>

> I have never experienced something like this before.
>
> Best wishes: Michael
> --
> Geschäftsführer · Diplombibliothekar BBS, Informatiker eidg. Fachausweis
> Admin Kuhn GmbH · Pappelstrasse 20 · 4123 Allschwil · Schweiz
> T 0041 (0)61 261 55 61 · E [hidden email] · W www.adminkuhn.ch

Re: Reminder: Internet broadcast of Koha-US

Christopher Davis-2
Robin,

Good thinking! Michael, I hope that this solves your problem accessing the
website.

Take care,

Christopher Davis
Systems & E-Services Librarian