Re: New member (Hector Castro)

Hector Castro
That's right. Meltem.
You need to translate the most recent version and you can ask to Bernardo (translation manager) to update the oldest versions with the strings of the newest. At least the fist time you've completed the translation.

Ask to Bernardo if he can help you in this way.

Regards

On Jul 28, 2017 4:00 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hie,

Indeed, think to always translate the most recent version, so that translation is kept for next major release.

git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

Re: New member (Hector Castro)

Arun, Meltem

Hi Fridolin,

Hi Hector,

I’m still trying to find my way trought all the files, pages. It will take a while to understand the system.

We will begin to use 16.11 in November. Until then I want to correct some expressions in 3.22, so that our users do not get confused with an unclear expression.

You say, that I should take the latest version.

When I corrected one term in 3.22 I can see it immediately (of course, after our host has updated the file). Isn’t it?

But for little corrections which are not so important, would you recommend, to take the latest version?

And Bernardo will update 3.22 with the modifications/translations in 16.11?

Did I understand it well?

Have a nice weekend,

git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

Re: New member (Hector Castro)

Fridolin SOMERS
Hie,

I think 3.22 will have no release anymore, so you may not work on its
translation.

Regards,

--
Fridolin SOMERS
Biblibre - Pôles support et système
git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

Re: New member (Hector Castro)

Fischer, Katrin
Hi,

just a quick note from me:  Fridolin is right about there being no more releases for 3.22.x with 3.22.21 being the last release of this version.
So in general it makes sense to focus on the newest and newer versions. But one can still download the changed po files from translate.koha-community.org to install them locally to get the latest corrections.

Hope this helps,

Katrin