Re: [Koha-patches] [PATCH] Fix a bug affecting C4::Context and default context

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Koha-patches] [PATCH] Fix a bug affecting C4::Context and default context

Andrew Moore-5
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Andrew Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I can't quite track down the problems yet. Can you run the test suite,
> or hunt for problems any other way?

After some investigation with Frederic, it appears that the failures
in the test suite are because the tests assume that they can update
the systempreferences table and have those updates appear immediately
in the C4::Context. Since this is no longer the case, that assumption
is invalid. We'll have to patch the test suite to deal with that
change.

So, as far as the test suite is concerned, there's no problem with this patch.

I haven't really heard any other objections, so I guess it should go
in. Shouldn't it?

-Andy
_______________________________________________
Koha-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha.org/mailman/listinfo/koha-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Koha-patches] [PATCH] Fix a bug affecting C4::Context and default context

Galen Charlton
Administrator
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Andrew Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Andrew Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:
> After some investigation with Frederic, it appears that the failures
> in the test suite are because the tests assume that they can update
> the systempreferences table and have those updates appear immediately
> in the C4::Context. Since this is no longer the case, that assumption
> is invalid. We'll have to patch the test suite to deal with that
> change.
>
> So, as far as the test suite is concerned, there's no problem with this patch.

The assumption that a program, including the test suite, should be
able to change a system preference value and have the new value show
up in the context is not an inherently bad one.  I'll create a setter
for sysprefs that updates both the system preferences table and the
context.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Koha Application Developer
LibLime
[hidden email]
p: 1-888-564-2457 x709
_______________________________________________
Koha-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha.org/mailman/listinfo/koha-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Koha-patches] [PATCH] Fix a bug affecting C4::Context and default context

Andrew Moore-5
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Galen Charlton
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The assumption that a program, including the test suite, should be
> able to change a system preference value and have the new value show
> up in the context is not an inherently bad one.  I'll create a setter
> for sysprefs that updates both the system preferences table and the
> context.

Good solution. Thanks for taking the time.

-Andy
_______________________________________________
Koha-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.koha.org/mailman/listinfo/koha-devel