Re: [Koha] Documentation IRC Meeting - August 31, 21 UTC

Re: [Koha] Documentation IRC Meeting - August 31, 21 UTC

Katrin Fischer-2
Hi Sonia,

translation issues can be discussed at the meeting, but we don't have a complete workflow for this yet. Even more important to know who is interested in translating and what the requirements/problems are. As far as I can tell it should be possible to add translated screenshots to the new manual, as all images are already kept in a language specific directory:

http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=kohadocs.git;a=tree;f=en/source/images;h=b75f384c9fe6aa201c3a03033e47a4cd78be0d1d;hb=29e27b0cf00a7d66913074a12c41dcf5dd20bd3b

There haven't been a lot of updates to the manual since 16.05, which we are trying to fix. There is a lot to add and update and we will need help doing this, which will be one of the main topics of the meeting. We will also talk about what has been done so far, how people can help, how we have tried to make the process as easy as possible and what the next steps could be. I hope a lot of people will attend and share their ideas, opinions, problems, ...!

Gesendet: Montag, 28. August 2017 um 10:40 Uhr
Von: "BOUIS Sonia" <[hidden email]>
An: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Re: [Koha] Documentation IRC Meeting - August 31, 21 UTC
Hello katrin,
I'm not sure to be able to attend to this meeting but I would like to know if you would talk about translation issues or not.
In fact, we spent a lot of time on the manual translation in France few years ago and we faced the problem of the screen copy translation : how could we add copy screen in French to the manual ?
I don't really know how it works, but I 'm wondering why there's no more translation of the manual since the 16.05 koha version (http://translate.koha-community.org/manual/) and why there's no string in the project Koha manual 16.11 in http://translate.koha-community.org/.

But these issues may concern the translation group and exceed the documentation group concern ?

Cheers,

Sonia

Message: 6
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 00:44:18 +0200
From: Katrin Fischer <[hidden email]>
To: Koha Devel <[hidden email]>, Koha
<[hidden email]>

Hi all,

we'd like to invite everyone interested in improving Koha's
documentation to an IRC meeting on August 31, 21 UTC. Updating the
manual is a big task and we need all the help we can get!

The agenda and a link to calculate the time in your local timezone can
be found on the wiki:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Documentation_IRC_meeting_31_August

Please feel free to add topics and ideas to it!

Hope to see you there!

git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org

Gesendet: Montag, 28. August 2017 um 10:40 Uhr
Von: "BOUIS Sonia" <[hidden email]>
An: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
I don't really know how it works, but I 'm wondering why there's no more translation of the manual since the 16.05 koha version (http://translate.koha-community.org/manual/[http://translate.koha-community.org/manual/]) and why there's no string in the project Koha manual 16.11 in http://translate.koha-community.org/[http://translate.koha-community.org/].

Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 00:44:18 +0200
From: Katrin Fischer <[hidden email]>
To: Koha Devel <[hidden email]>, Koha

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Documentation_IRC_meeting_31_August[https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Documentation_IRC_meeting_31_August]