RFC: Koha 3.2: Koha E-R diagrams and tables information

RFC: Koha 3.2: Koha E-R diagrams and tables information

Zeno Tajoli
Hi to all,

CILEA has found a stagaire to work on Koha.
But we can't do what I have write in the RFC 'Autogeneration of Koha
UML diagrams'.
We limit ourselves to only write the documentation of Koha DB.
You can see the new RFC here:
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:rfcs3.2:rfc32_koha_api_uml_diagrams_and_e-r_diagrams
The text of the RFC:

Koha E-R diagrams and tables information

Status
It is not easy to understand the Koha 3.0 DB structure. Infact you
need to read the Koha co
to undestand all tables .CILEA wants to  improve the situation
writting more tecnical documentation about Koha 3.0 DB

Actions
Starting from all documentation avaible from wiki and koha-dev list
we start to write complete E-R diagrams for Koha DB and a specific
document for every table
We write:

1) a general description of the table,
2) a specific description of every field (name, lenght, type, data
inserted, constrains)
3) a specific description of every index
4) a list of the foreign keys of the table

We drow also a general E-R schema of the DB

The person who will do the Job is Matteo Romanello
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/matteo/romanello>
with Zeno Tajoli as tutor.

Timetable and Tools
The work will start at 15 november 2008, it will probably finish at may 2009
The instrument used will be OpenOfficeOrg Calc.

Cheers
Zeno Tajoli

Zeno Tajoli
CILEA - Segrate (MI)
tajoliAT_SPAM_no_prendiATcilea.it
(Indirizzo mascherato anti-spam; sostituisci quanto tra AT con @)

Re: RFC: Koha 3.2: Koha E-R diagrams and tables information

LAURENT Henri-Damien-3
Zeno Tajoli a écrit :

> Hi to all,
>
> CILEA has found a stagaire to work on Koha.
> But we can't do what I have write in the RFC 'Autogeneration of Koha
> UML diagrams'.
> We limit ourselves to only write the documentation of Koha DB.
> You can see the new RFC here:
> http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:rfcs3.2:rfc32_koha_api_uml_diagrams_and_e-r_diagrams
> The text of the RFC:
>
> Koha E-R diagrams and tables information
>
> Status
> It is not easy to understand the Koha 3.0 DB structure. Infact you
> need to read the Koha co
> to undestand all tables .CILEA wants to  improve the situation
> writting more tecnical documentation about Koha 3.0 DB
>
> Actions
> Starting from all documentation avaible from wiki and koha-dev list
> we start to write complete E-R diagrams for Koha DB and a specific
> document for every table
> We write:
>
> 1) a general description of the table,
> 2) a specific description of every field (name, lenght, type, data
> inserted, constrains)
> 3) a specific description of every index
> 4) a list of the foreign keys of the table
>
> We drow also a general E-R schema of the DB
>
> The person who will do the Job is Matteo Romanello
> <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/matteo/romanello>
> with Zeno Tajoli as tutor.
>
> Timetable and Tools
> The work will start at 15 november 2008, it will probably finish at may 2009
> The instrument used will be OpenOfficeOrg Calc.

You may also want to use that tool :
http://schemaspy.sourceforge.net/
Maybe adding some descriptions to fields.

Thanks a lot.

Hopes that helps.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT