REST api RFCs

Tomas Cohen Arazi
Hi everyone. Following yesterday's dev meeting (I'm sorry I couldn't attend) it was clear there should be some votes on the changes that we belive need to be made.

In order to organize the documentation on this decision making process, and have something more precise to vote on, I've put together a front wiki page:

in which all endpoint-specific RFCs can be found. I have added the endpoints I've been, am and will be working on. Also endpoints I know Biblibre is working on.

As the discussion was about the patrons endpoint specifically, I started by creating an RFC for it:

It is organized in two sections: actions and paths, and the object definition. The idea is that you can add your own column (put your name on it) with your personal proposal. Discussions can happen in other places like IRC or koha-devel.

Please add your comments on each issue you think it is worth, and please contact me if you have any doubts or want to discuss specific stuffs.

I will be spending the next days polishing this RFC and moving into the rest of them in the same way.

Before adding new endpoints to that list, I would suggest we have a small conversation here in koha-devel to avoid polluting the front page with several variations of the same endpoints. This is just a suggestion, though.

Thanks for your interest and feedback!
Cheers

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (https://theke.io)

Re: REST api RFCs

Tomas Cohen Arazi
On the dev meeting it was mentioned that version number should be shifted with this changes. I don't think we should do that right now (we only have 3 endpoints!, this is not yet an API)

Anyway, looking forward to your comments!

El jue., 14 dic. 2017 a las 12:28, Tomas Cohen Arazi (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

✆ <a href="tel:+54%209%20351%20351-3384" value="+5493513513384" target="_blank">+54 9351 3513384
GPG: B2F3C15F
--
Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (https://theke.io)
✆ +54 9351 3513384
GPG: B2F3C15F

Re: REST api RFCs

Andreas Hedström Mace-2

Hi!

This sounds like a really good initiative Tomás, getting the major endpoints listed and structured so that the REST API work can proceed!

However, I’m surprised that the endpoint for accountlines is not listed in the RFC. Some reasons why I think that this should be included:

We at Stockholm University Library is already using (a previous) version of this endpoint in production

You mentioned that you included other endpoints BibLibre is working on: we sponsored BibLibre to build this endpoint a while back

But above all I believe other libraries will also be interested in using this endpoint! (At the hackfest in Lund recently, there was interest in using this endpoint from Oslo Public Library etc.)

Best regards,

Andreas Hedström Mace

Re: REST api RFCs

barton
Tomas,

Thank you for putting the REST api RFCs page together; having a series of pages that document the routes was sorely needed.

One question -- the RFCs lists the route for borrowers as '/patrons'. However https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Coding_Guidelines_-_API#SWAGGER1.2:_Resource_names suggests that we should use /users instead of /borrowers, /patrons, or /members.

Should we change the RFC to follow the Coding Guidelines, or change the guidelines?

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 5:15 AM, Tomas Cohen Arazi <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I've written the RFC's for:

/cities [1]
/libraries [2]

so we can vote on them on the next dev meeting (Dec 27th).

PLEASE add your column with your discrepancies so it is easier to discuss/vote.
Comments outside the table are welcome, with explanations, etc.

THANKS!

El vie., 15 dic. 2017 a las 16:49, Barton Chittenden (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

/holds done too. Please review and add your opinion!

Remember the landing page for the RFCs is here:

Thanks!